Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first it was my passenger door, now the drivers side as well. Neither one will lock with the remote or the button on the door panel. My alarm will set, but the door is still unlocked. I can physically push the actuator to lock, but it will not do it electronically.

If I manually set the locks, set the alarm, and come back with the remote, the doors will unlock. This is bizare.

:(

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
My passenger door will only unlock sometimes (either with the remote or the driver's pod on the door). It is strange. Not worth taking the car to the dealer, but mine doesn't sound like its as big of an annoyance as yours.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I have the same problem....

Driver door will not lock with button on remote or button on the door. It unlocks just fine.

Until I figured out what was going on, a couple times I had thought I disabled the alarm using the remote but hadn't and as soon as I opened the door the alarm would go off......

I hate to take it to the dealer as well....day without the car, find other transportation...They probably won't warranty it now anyway since I installed a Vararam....

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have a problem with my passenger side. When I pull the key it doesn't auto unlock anymore and the remote will not unlock it. Agree w/ WA 2, hate to take it in for that.

JWz06.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
It's funny... today after my son got out of school, I took him for a ride to the store (95% of the time, I drive my car alone, so the passenger side door doesn't really affect me). The thing worked fine. Seems to be really intermittent.

Even when it doesn't work, I can audibly hear the solenoid clicking. Sounds exactly like what minivette said. Power lock motor/module issue. I haven't pulled the codes.

Won't mess with it til it becomes a headache.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies.

I'm with JW and Wes, I try and avoid dealers like the plague. I don't daily drive this car, so it's not a huge issue as far as maybe forgetting and having something (like the car :D ) ripped off. But it's annoying none the less.

I just know if I take it to the dealer they're going to either give me a hard time about the mods or if they do decide to fix it one of their techs is going to go for a 50 mile joy ride. That ain't happening.

I'll just live with it I guess :lol:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
If you ever get down to Houston I know where we can get it fixed and not have to worry about any of those issues...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It sounds like the door lock module, each door has one. It's an easy 15 minute fix. Any dealer can fix it quick and easy. I would not hesitate to get it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That module is the same one that controls the widow also. Looking back at it when I bought my car the key fob didn't work at all. I replaced the battery and went through the sequence, but the car still wouldn't recognize it. Well, if any of you read about my recent window problems that module is 300 bucks through the dealer. Check out gmpartsdirect.com to cut that price in half. They wanted 535.00 to fix it for me.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sometimes my driver door doesn't unlock when I pull the key.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes, I am , or I should say ,have had that same problem. The exact same but only to my drivers side door.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Jerry, that's the door module. What you are experiencing is one of the symptoms. Another problem is that the door may not unluck when using the button on the fob or the button on the door. As I mentioned above., it's a simple 15 minute that any vette tech can do.

Don

·
Registered
852 Posts
I had this problem and I fixed it by unpluging the the wire harness that goes through the door jam on both sides, checking the wires in it to make sure they were all in-line and re installing it. I haven't had a problem since. I was told they get loose. Mine would affect the doors and the windows.

·
Registered
238 Posts
PaulS said:
I have the same problem....

Driver door will not lock with button on remote or button on the door. It unlocks just fine.

Until I figured out what was going on, a couple times I had thought I disabled the alarm using the remote but hadn't and as soon as I opened the door the alarm would go off......

I hate to take it to the dealer as well....day without the car, find other transportation...They probably won't warranty it now anyway since I installed a Vararam....
According to my dealer the Vararam doesn't effect the warranty unless you have something like hydro lock. Needs to be related?

·
Registered
460 Posts
My drivers door. I can here it try to unlock but it often can't throw the lock, about 75% of the time.

I also am not crazy about taking it to the dealer for this.

Since I can here it I don't think the wires are at fault.

·
Registered
852 Posts
ZOra6 said:
My drivers door. I can here it try to unlock but it often can't throw the lock, about 75% of the time.

I also am not crazy about taking it to the dealer for this.

Since I can here it I don't think the wires are at fault.
Son of Ah ... mine is doing that now too! My problem effected the window as well (before), but now is doing like you said ... I can hear the door try to lock, but it doesn't lock. It will unlock fine. It also won't lock from the door switch either. Only manual. Its like it wants to but doesn't have enough power to.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have been having problems with my passenger side door lock not unlocking with both the key fob or the door lock botton on the drivers side armrest.

This is going to sound strange but it worked. Yesterday, with the key fob, I stood there and punched the door lock button something like twenty times and wallah...the passenger door unlocks. Everytime since, it has worked without a hitch.

JWz06.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Its like you guys are reading my mind on here. First, its with the fuel guage, now the passenger side door locks. I'm having this problem. The door lock works sometimes, sometimes it doesnt, its a roll of the dice (and embarassing when you want to give someone a ride in your new "high speed ride" but cant get the door open. :roll:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts