2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...are ya??

·
Registered
842 Posts
phantasms said:
Well...are ya??
I might give it a try. I am putting on new Nitto RII's Wed. and getting an aggressive street alignment. Want to check out what car can do. I hear Lime Rock is real dangerous. You think I should Try It for a first time out. A friend of mine spun his Porsche on that track.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I hear Lime Rock is real dangerous.
I just came back from LRP this past weekend for a SCCA National race.

Everyone I talked to prior to go onto the track who knew I was "brand-new" to it told me to be very very careful. I can see there are parts were you definitely don't want to make a mistake.

I was lucky and left for home with the car in one piece.

·
Registered
842 Posts
David Pintaric said:
I just came back from LRP this past weekend for a SCCA National race.

Everyone I talked to prior to go onto the track who knew I was "brand-new" to it told me to be very very careful. I can see there are parts were you definitely don't want to make a mistake.

I was lucky and left for home with the car in one piece.
Hi Dave

If I may ask a few questions. How long you been racing ? Is your car setup track only or is it street driven? If street driven how aggressive did you go on the alignment?

Thanks in advance

Tony

·
Registered
344 Posts
Based on the link, it looks like a "waxer" event (no offense to those who keep'em clean).

No mention of track time in the event description.

To 03Z06Vette,

You should look into joining NASA.

lots of autocross events at Giants Stadium and HPDE events at Poccono, Watkins, and Limerock.

I hope to make the July 31 AutoX at Giants stadium, and the Sept 19/20 at Watkins and Nov 10 at Limerock.

At least that's my plan, Wifey may have other plans.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
How long you been racing ?
June of 2003 I started the process of getting my SCCA license.

Is your car setup track only or is it street driven?
My car is strictly for the racetrack.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Gary,

the pole was held by Bill Ziegler at (I think) a 59.4. I was qualified in 5th at a 1.00.975. I did my first session ever on the track in morning, and that is where everyone went fast. The second (afternoon) session was much slower, by about 3/4 of a second.

I ran 1:00.327 in the race, again under very hot conditions. The rac winner, Ziegler, ran a 59.5.

Next time out @ LRP I plan on being "right there."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts