Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are marked up here a lot more than just the exchange rate. A C6 runs 70k Cdn or about $55,000 US. I believe the C6s are selling well below that aren't they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,663 Posts
Perry2,

$65,000 USD, plus options in the US. Remember, their car is more basic than ours, we will be the 2LZ, which is $67,900 USD, plus wheels and navigation.

I am guessing at $95,000 CDN plus options here.......

-Bill. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
To get the appr. Can price take the 65,000.00 US Times Exchange (1.27) plus $ 5000.00 and youll be darn close.
87,550.00 plus dest. plus options. Mine will be 2LZ, VY, and U3U. $ 95,500.00 with Dest Charge. Unfortunately we also have to add 7% PST, 7% GST and 3% Lux Tax. for a grand total of $ 111,735.00.

Aint it great to be Canadian, and all the yanks are complaining at $ 65,000.00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Z06KahunaCanuck said:
I think we are looking right at $88-89k Cdn. Take a look at the US price on a full tilt convert = $63k US. Our full tilt Convert is $85k.
I think a C6 convertible is about $55K though, so the Z06 is $10k more. A vert here is about $80K...probably add $15K for the Z06, so I'm guessing about $95K. What's interesting is that $65K US is about $81K CDN. GM are you listening? If you price it $90K+, there will be people importing them from the US. In fact, there was an article in the Toronto Star this weekend on how to go about doing just that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Z06KahunaCanuck said:
I think we are looking right at $88-89k Cdn. Take a look at the US price on a full tilt convert = $63k US. Our full tilt Convert is $85k.
Hope you're right. If GM Canada decides to gouge us again, I can see buyers heading south. GM is in enough trouble without insulting buyers north of the 49th parallel.

For a variety of reasons, I'll be happy to wait until the 2nd year of production.

Jacob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Heading south is not a bad idea and yes it does save money. Keep in mind though that you cannot buy a car that is less than 6 months old, so you would have to wait for some used ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeepo said:
Heading south is not a bad idea and yes it does save money. Keep in mind though that you cannot buy a car that is less than 6 months old, so you would have to wait for some used ones.
I think so. If we are looking at a 10k difference to start with, then after 6 months depreciation someone could pick up a current model year C6 Z for less than a lot of people paid for their new C5 Z.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Okay - The last rumour about Canadian price of the Z06 stated that it would be available as of 18/07/2005. Any one have any updates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
853 Posts
I still have a black 06 on order, base car no options..They still cannot give me a price!! :screwy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Well my dealer hasn't even responded yet. I emailed him this morning July 18th just like he said to. This is what he told me 3 weeks ago. And I quote "July 18th is the big day". What a joke. What the h_ll is gm waiting for. Also why has car and driver not tested this car yet. What is the delay all about. Just ranting thats all, its friggin hot as hell here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
I emailed GM Canada and they said Canadian pricing would be set in August, with first cars coming in Sept. I am guessing they are waiting until the last second to price the car here due to the currency fluctuations...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
PbPedis said:
If you price it $90K+, there will be people importing them from the US. In fact, there was an article in the Toronto Star this weekend on how to go about doing just that.
I know I probably will be going down South to get mine. The limited numbers here would probably mean > price as such best bet is to head on down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top