Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sound change teh LT headers make? I want to make sure it isn't too loud at highway speed for long trips.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
NetJunkie

I dont, buts lotsa members do and have reported very quiet and mellow at highway and a bear at WOT. Im sure lots will jump in..............................

:cool:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I've heard 2 or 3 with Indys...they make the idle 'lower and tougher' and the sound at wot, 'thicker', not much louder. When I say 'thicker', it's just that, an unfocused loudness that to me, doesn't make cruise or wot loud to a point that is negative...anything but that:)

RG

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I have long tubes and Corsa Indys on my head and cam car. Idle is mean, wot is the loudest I've heard on a Vette (louder than the PRTs or Borla XR1 Race on head and cam cars that I compared to at a track) and still stock quiet on the hwy. The best of all worlds! :cheers:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Rippied,

That's one mean set up you have there! How much power did
you pick up from the heads and cam?

Regards Steve,

:D

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Thanks Charmed. We picked up about 80 rwhp and 60 rwt over bone stock. I do not have underdrive pulleys or a wild cam. The car makes it's power over a flat torque band and idles like stock. Went for a road race set-up rather than an all out drag race hp set-up. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts