Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I already have the Corsa Ti system on my car, but a buddy of mine and I are in the process of removing the mufflers and putting the straight pipes on -- and it's not entirely clear to me how the straight pipes, hangers, and clamps interact. I have an idea of how things should go at the back of the car, but I'd like to be sure. Anyone have Corsa's instructions in PDF handy? (Looks like maybe Corsa no longer sells this system, or at least no longer has the instructions up on its site.)

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Kirk,

To exchange the Corsa Ti mufflers for the straight tailpipes & tipes all you need to do is:

- remove the Corsa Ti street mufflers
- install the mounting bar into the OEM mounting slots
- attatch the tips to the race tail pipe
- attatch the race tail pipes loosely to the over axle pipe
- line up and secure the race tail pipe/tip asssembly to the mounting bar
- tighten down all clamps

DO NOT over torque the clamps as you can easily crush the Titanium thin wall tubing.

Piece of cake.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Kirk,

Nice to see ya here. Can't help answer the question, but DJ has ya covered. Good Luck

zrod

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Z! You too, bud.

DJ -- Thanks, bro. For whatever reason, I am (well, "was", as I've since ordered two more) short two clamps, I guess. I bought the system used, so... Anyway, it would appear that you use two-fewer clamps for the muffler set up as you don't have to connect the mufflers' pipes to a hanger with clamps. What I wanted to verify is that you DO have to use clamps to hold the straight pipes up to the hanger bar's "guide arches". You have confirmed this, so now the set up makes sense.

Now I just need the mailman to bring my clamps!

DJ, you run/ran with just the straight pipes (no mufflers), right? Did you love it? I think this is going to sound awesome (I haven't taken it out yet on account of not having those clamps yet).

Thanks again!

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DJ -- I got my clamps yesterday and bolted everything up. Wow, the car sounds great! Now, I only got to drive it around the block, so I don't have enough WOT/cruising feedback yet, but I DID notice that it's a good bit louder in the cabin at, say, 2000 RPM.

I still need to get her out on the highway and whatnot, but I just thought I'd ask you first: Since the only thing I changed is the removal of the mufflers at the REAR of the car, would a PARTITION solve any increases in noise levels I might experience with the straight pipes?

The car sounds great, and it's even lighter now, so I'd love to keep the straight pipes on there. I'd just need to know if adding a partition at the trunk would cut down on the increased noise level inside the car.

Thanks!

-Kirk

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You will get a slight resonance while cruising around a constant 70 MPH.

A partition will help on the street and highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts