Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of purchasing the side mirror covers for my QS '02.
The mirrors are in great shape now and I want to keep them that way. These cars are so low those mirrors seem to be debris targets at least on my old '87 coupe they were. I noticed Ecklers and MAD have the knit polyester for about $50 bucks. Are they worth it? Do they stay in place or can they moved around with the air turbulance?

thanks in advance,

trebor

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think the poly would be great for bugs but i dont think it will protect from rocks and harder stuff.there are other ones that are alot stronger ..speed lingerie.but expensive like $169.00

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I ordered blk vinyl mirror masks for road trips(like the Fest) that work fine. Held on with velcro and elastic fitting around the mirror. Stayed in place with no movement at highway speeds :sneaky: Paid $29.99 plush shipping.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
it's..just..a..car

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phantasms said:
it's..just..a..car
:roll: ah huh that clears it up

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I have the exact ones you're talking about. I grabbed them from a vendor at the Fest, ~$30. I haven't had any issues with nicks while they've been on. Wash the car with on and then drive it, they dry and are fine. Also grabbed the same type material bra. :thumb: I like them, easy on, easy off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have them. Used first 2 years or so - Don't use anymore - Don't need and No chips on mirror housings, they are as new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts