Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Iforged I only had on the car for about 4 months, if that, and has only seen about 1kmi so far of weekend driving. Well, to my surprise, the damn outter shells that are chromed are bubbling up??? What is this?

I thought it may of been from a few chips from stones and such, but i took a really close look to see, and there are no chip marks on the wheels, its just the chrome bubbling up. Insult to injury is the bolts surrounding the wheel holding the forging on is rusting....

Anyone else have issues like this??

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
pix. ?
if those are new...and only 4 months on the car.. i'm sure they would warrenty them.. i think they have a 3 year chrome.. warrenty.
there are some cheap wheels out there i could expect them from.. not Iforged..
they are quality
call them

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
my buddy had that happen in 6 months (went on in spring were off by october when we noticed) on a set of MHT 20's on his denali.....got the problem wheel replaced and sold the set. I'd definetely talk to Iforged and see what they say...the last thing they'd want is bad publicity...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've had that happen to two sets of wheels on my wifes Denali. Finally, after the second warranty replaced sets I sold them and switched to a machined/clear-coated wheel. Road salt and salty ocean air here on Long Island do not mix w/ chrome plated aluminum.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Another reason to stay with fully ( high maintenance) polished or clear coated Aluminum rims. :z:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No doubt! So far though, the center forging is pristine, no bubbling or nothing. So i think whoever chromed the outter shell for Iforged probably didn't clean the shells properly or something. I have 3 bad wheels of 4, and I think I see the very very beginning stages of the 4th starting.

Will try and get some pics up tomorrow if i get a chance. gotta download all the pics from my camera and shrink them for here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts