Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I had (4) GMS MAF's, (2) were stock and (2) were "special adjusted" MAF's On the dyno 2 lost power, and the other 2 made no more power, I just read in Sport Truck that they could find no more power on the dyno either. I will say that my car felt faster with the GMS MAF (2000 convertible) but on the dyno no more power, or even less power.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I installed the GMS MAF on my Z.....5% rich model. This was after all the mods.....see list below.

I could really feel the difference for about a week, but then I was back to "no change", or actually a loss :mad:

Your PCM will adjust out any gain, and then some :(

Went to a PCM tuner and found less airflow than stock with the GMS MAF. "Seat" of the pants feel was a ton more wheel spin in 2nd gear with the stock MAF....with Traction control "on" :D

Got a full refund from my parts vendor :)

HTH,
Barrie
:cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also tested 2 gmaf on my 2001 with no luck.I dynoed both back to back with stock maf and lost 10 hp and 19 tqe. I would spend the money on a proven mod. My car responded very well to halltech intake,throttle body and long tube headers. My trap speeds increased from the 115's to the high 119's and 120's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not worth the $$, I use the stock MAF with the screen removed & it works just fine. Even at my power levels.
Save your $$ for something more worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Same with a ported throttle body, no gains

there is only so much air the LS6 can handle and the stock units provide more than is needed all ready.
These 2 items are placebos.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Same with a ported throttle body, no gains

I agree that the Ported/Polished T-Body is not worthwhile on a motor that is stock or that just has bolt-ons. But if you have a H/C or Stroker motor car, it is probably worth at least 5 RWHP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts