Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this written up and discussed on SPEED.

Are they any good - what is the price. Any one in Europe managed to homologate these? (specifically Switzerland)

Any info useful.

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
They are great. I've had mine installed for five years, and I love them. They will probably run you $6000 - $7800. I am running 8 lbs of boost and putting down over 600 hp at the rear wheels. Oh, and there is no turbo lag!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
They are great. I've had mine installed for five years, and I love them. They will probably run you $6000 - $7800. I am running 8 lbs of boost and putting down over 600 hp at the rear wheels. Oh, and there is no turbo lag!!
I did run into a guy at a Sunoco race gas staton in town who had the STS on his LS3 2008 vette, same Jetstream Blue color as my C6Z (also 2008). He was kind squirlley, so I did not get the chance to talk to him in detail about his system. His car sounded pretty strong when he punched it leaving.

STS could never talk me into their system on my LT1 Z28, as my car was lowered without enough clearance below, it was a single turbo system and air pipe was really small. But the Vette systems appear pretty well designed. If you don't mind, I do have a couple of questions.

(1) How much weight did the STS system add to your Z? I am really hesitant to add much weight to my car, due to cornering impact, but at least the turbos are at the back, so that all of the weight is not over the front wheels.

(2) Do the air pipes rattle inside the frame rails, as they are routed from the back of the car to the front inside the frame rails? That could be really annoying.

(3) Is the power delivery smooth or are there noticeable flat spots.

(4) Any problems with the engine running hot or oil leaks for the oil lines running from back to the turbos.

Any detailed comments would be helpful to all.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
360 Posts
So any more info to add for the STS system regarding weight, install quality, smoothness, or side effects? ... or do you post just to market for STS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts