Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck appears to have TWO leaking heads. We replaced the water pump based on what we were seeing below the crank pulley, and low and behold I still have a significant coolant leak from elsewhere... not showing up in the oil, but I'm betting that the heads are both leaking, since I'm seeing evidence of coolant on both sides of the undercarriage below the motor. I"d consider just driving the car down on street tires, but YESTERDAY my driveline developed a high pitched whine in the release bearing. It is only under load, and is intermittant... i'm guessing the bearing is getting noisy, which wouldn't concern me on the track, but might make me lose my mind after 3.5 hours driver...

Contact me offline if you are interested in picking jup my slot... I've also got a call into Dave at MAZDADrivers.com to see if he has anyone on the wait list...

This just plain sux... I may just trade this truck in and call it a day...

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure is, but I think I now have a fix for the truck... Seems the gasket for the pump on the divers side is weeping only under load and very slight... I'm going to replace those gaskets and see what happens... the coolant was hitting the fan and being blown around so much, it made it look as if it were coming out the sides...

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts