Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Know a good shop close to Indianapolis to install header? Or within 200 miles. I'm about to order a set of Lg's and don't think i could install them myself. Also what do i need besides 02sim's so i don't throw codes on a 02 Z?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't give you a good answer, but I sure would like to know! I live in Fishers, and so far I have done my own work. I may do what you are doing in a year or so, and it would be nice to know a good shop. I have been thinking for some time that there has to be a shop that is great at working on Vettes.

I may do some checking around. I'm thinking someone down on Gasoline Alley has to do this kind of stuff.

Good luck and keep me posted!

:guiness:

Dave

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, having only had it for a little over a year, fortunately I have been able to do stuff myself.

For alignments I highly recommend Northwest Frame and Alignment in Zionsville. I can not begin to say enough about how thorough and capable Aaron at Northwest is. Their shop is north off 106th street, not too far west of Michigan Road. Maybe you have heard of them. tirerack.com is set up with them as a prefered installer, so when I order tires they are dropped shipped right to them. That's nice for me.

I have done brake rotors, pads, SS lines, and I'm about to install DRM brake ducts with LG spindle brackets. I bleed my brakes via Speed Bleeders. I have installed a DRM tranny cooler. I replaced a junk brake vacuum booster. I do all my own fluid changes. I installed a remote clutch bleeder line. I put in a Brey-Kraus harness bar. And I run a set of CCW wheels (17"x10" fronts and 17"x10" rears) with 315/35/17 Kuhmo V700's when I go to the track (Putnam Park twice, and Mid-Ohio coming up this Memorial Day).

In a pinch before my last track event I went to Bill E$te$ Chevy for a custom track-day alignment. I have to say I was scared about going to a $tealer$hip, but they have a great looking shop and they were very responsive. I don't know how they would do on a repair, but they were willing to align the car to my specs, which were definitely not to factory specs.

That's pretty much the whole story! :)

We should keep in touch! Do you do any track stuff?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Dynotech is in Ft. Wayne. They did the install on my Vortech. I would recommend them to anyone.

Lingenfelter is in Decatur.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I might be able to get you in touch with someone that can do a very good install on them. I'm PMing you the information.

BTW, I live in the Noblesville/Westfield area, going to be hitting up Putnam here in about two months for a PCA event.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I go to school at Purdue, and any work you need done I can take care of.

I leave to go back to Texas in 1 week, so If you get your headers by then I can do the install before I leave.

I return August 20th. :)

Louis Gigliotti

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was going to say take it to Louis, but it looks like he's here already. I did my headers myself at an import tuning shop on the eastside, they let me work late, use their tools and were pretty leniant about payment. www.modernspeedlabs.com

IndyDave, I'd like to meet you and check put some of your track mods. You seem to be getting the same mods that I'm interested in. IMHO, Pedigo > Penske > Estes...they do service lots of C5's, but they'll charge you for every cent they can. I won't be back to Estes.

Chappy, which PCA event are you and Creighton attending. Fill me in with the sign up details on our other forum.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey BQuicksilver, I live in Fishers and I'd be happy to show you what is going on with my car. In fact, I am prepping the brake and radiator stuff over the next couple of weeks if you want to see any of it. The car is up on stands and I'm just getting started on it all. I'll be working on it after work most weeknights as well as on and off through the next two weekends, maybe longer.

Putnam Park is such a great asset to have so close. It is such a safe track, so close to Indy, and it's the perfect intro to road course driving. Once you guys get a DE under your belt you can go out for lapping events with an outfit like Doug Livingston's "Prosport Driver's Group" http://pdgapps.dynalias.com/postnuke/index.php I have done a few events with him, and it's a lot of fun.

I'm going to Mid-Ohio on May 30/31 with TracQuest for a DE. I hear they run very professional events. Later in the year I want to get up to Road America as well.

Let's all keep in touch - it would be great to have a number of local track enthusiasts and get out to some events together.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Dave. I know a lot of Prosport guys and went with them to meet Doug at the last (rainy) event. I definitely plan to join Prosport after getting a DE under my belt with the Porsche Club in July. I've only got one DE under the belt to date at IRP. It went pretty well, I wasn't taken by anyone on street tires all day and overtook a few instructors in the PM (still pounding my chest)..lol I definitely got the bug, and would love to be a little further away from the tire walls at Putnam.

If you're interested, we have a little private local forum with some of the faster cars around town on board. I'll send an invite if you'd like. It would be nice to keep in touch with a local guy track prepping their car, and I'm sure I could provide some resources as I imagine you could. :)

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
There is a shop in Chandler (very close to Evansville)that I just found out about. PM for their info if you are interested. :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts