Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Im out of my 36/36 and I think itd be wise to invest in an aftermarket warranty. Anyone know of any good deals w/ good coverage?

Jordan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ken Fichtner Chevrolet has the best deals going on the GMPP, their price was at least half of what the dealership offered, with no deductable.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just talked to someone there and they said they only do extended warranties. My factory warranty has already expired so now Im stuck going aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've seen aftermarkets not want to pay claims or be very very slow to pay claims and dont cover as much as the GM warranty does. They also have to send their adjuster out to verify the warranty work before it's completed sometimes which also slows down the process. I'd go with a GM extended plan; when mine runs out I will.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Be Careful Nightmare,

I bought a $1500.00 extended warranty from "Warranty Gold" for my previously owned '01 Z and they declared bankruptcy even before my factory warranty expired. I was SOL and lost the $1500.00. They were supposedly the BEST aftermarket warranty company at the time. Oh yea, the insurance company that backed them up also went belly up. :eek:

Good luck,
John

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Beware of buying non GMPP warranties. The story below is not uncommon. Also the coverage is far from extensive for those that do stay around.

Don

John Youngblood said:
Be Careful Nightmare,

I bought a $1500.00 extended warranty from "Warranty Gold" for my previously owned '01 Z and they declared bankruptcy even before my factory warranty expired. I was SOL and lost the $1500.00. They were supposedly the BEST aftermarket warranty company at the time. Oh yea, the insurance company that backed them up also went belly up. :eek:

Good luck,
John

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh wow. Do i have any options or am I SOL?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If you want to go the aftermarket route, I suggest that you go to your local dealer that will be doing the work in the future and ask them for a list of companies that they have good results with and then do your shopping from price etc. based on what info you have gathered. :z:

·
Registered
878 Posts
check with your credit union -if ya got one-or if you have a loan on your Z-i did that with one of my cars and it worked out real well-my credit union only sells reliable ex.warranties...so you might check there :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:cheers: thanks for the help guys. Ill check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just purchased extended warranty for my 2001 Z. I can't tell you yet the company as I don't have the papers. I got 49 months from now and 49,000 miles for $2798.00. They said they are the company the GM, etc buys from. $50.00 copay, everything is covered, I can take it to any shop or dealer, got towing, out of gas, trip interruption. i MADE $375.00 Down payment and balance over 12 months no interest. You can deal with these people, as they started out at $100.00 copay and I refused and they dropped it to $50.00. Then I complained about the price and they gave me the no interest. I also have a 30 day window to get out if I don't like what I read in the contract. The phone number is 1-899 929-2694.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I thought you could by a GM extended bumper 2 bumper for about $500? Yours seems high.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Millenium Z06 said:
I thought you could by a GM extended bumper 2 bumper for about $500? Yours seems high.
that only works if you are still under warranty-on my Z it cost me $1100 (GMPP)for 3 more yrs or 86k miles..i figured that would get me by

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Mine is still under warranty so that should be the correct price for me; has anyone bought the extended warranty while the car was still within the 3/36?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I believe you can ONLY buy the extended warranty, GMPP that is, while your standard 3/36 warranty is still valid. After it expires, I don't think you can get GMPP.

I was also told that you can not extend the GMPP extended warranty. I have not called around to see if that is true.

I don't recall what I paid for mine but I went with a 5/50 GMPP. It was worth the price. It only takes one warranty claim and it can pretty much pay for itself. There are so many processor modules on these cars and they are not cheap.

Don

Millenium Z06 said:
Mine is still under warranty so that should be the correct price for me; has anyone bought the extended warranty while the car was still within the 3/36?

·
Registered
878 Posts
sillverbullet said:
I just checked my papers and mine runs out in 2 weeks.
HELP does anyone have contact info on fichtner or some other suggestions.
go to your local gm dealer and negotiate an extended warranty and they range in cost depending on some variables -time and mileage..get the GMPP
bud :usa:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts