Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working a deal on a car at an independent dealer... would like a fellow OCD vette-nut to look the car over before I drive 6.5 hours up.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Brian,
I'm not sure if that is Proexpert's area or not......maybe shoot him a PM??? I think Steve would help if he's close by.

·
9,755 Posts
Steve's in Harrisburg - about 2 hours away from P-burgh

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries... I was able to get great pics, spoke to the dealership sales rep that sold it to the previous owner (not same dealer who has it now). Was a great guy and knew his stuff about Corvettes which surprised me.

Can't get things in order to go up tomorrow so I'll be sending a deposit up and go get it next Friday.

·
9,755 Posts
Cool! What are you getting?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Red/tan/tan mn6 2003 w/ 43k miles and all options other than having the base suspension. Driving up to stay w/ a fellow Corvette owner in the DC area tomorrow evening then up to PA on Saturday AM w/ my trailer.

The car will get:

1. C6Z shifter w/ my VE boot (from my Z)
2. Corsa Extremes (laying on the workbench)
3. Halltech Venom (from my Z)
4. Koni FSDs
5. C6 Z51 sways (for some reason they're very cheap)

Eventually when a buddy wants to part with his Fikse FM5s in Z06 sizes I plan on snagging those.... other than that I'm keeping this one mild. Going to drive it as often as possible.

·
9,755 Posts
Sweet! Hope the process goes well for you. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it...

7am in West Virginia

My charriot aka "thunder thighs" (Truck is a Thunder Road edition)

Windmills.... they look huge in person, never seen one before.

Car checked out... loaded it up...

Crashing in Richmond for the night... too tired to make it home as the energy drinks are wearing off.

The car is in fantastic condition... the underside and frame looks new, it's never seen a PA winter or a winter of any kind or even much bad weather at all. The interior is mint and the top is perfect. The only bad thing is I figured out that the rear bumper had been replaced and painted. Paint match and quality is perfect, but when you open the trunk you can see the paint peeling where the screws used to hold it on upset the paint. Factory paint doesn't do this, whoever painted it neglected to properly prep this area. Got the guy to knock $250 off of the price.

If you didn't have a history in insurance adjusting or you didn't work in a paint shop you'd never know... the seller had no clue and I'm sure the original owner paid cash for it, thus not showing on the carfax or autocheck.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Congrats B. :yeadog: Car looks great and will look even better with FM5's on it!

Jimbo

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jim... gotta get these BSMs off and get it detailed. Can't wait to get the Corsas on. Oddly the tinspokes are growing on me. After cleaning CCW Classics for 6 years these things are appealing. The tires are BFG G-force KDWs in oem stock sizes, but they look penty beefy to fill out Z06 size wheels just fine as they bulge a little on the stock wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts