Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you miss the open air experience or you could care less cause the ZO6 is that much more entertaining in the performance department?

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, I traded my 1994 Competition Yellow w/optional hardtop Convertible for my '01 Z06. Both my wife and I are extreemly happy with the Z06 and we don't really don't miss the top off driving. On a long trip it hurt my ears driving with the top off. I was also tired of getting burned and dealing with the glare of the sun in my face. Here in Indiana, although we can drive our Corvette all year (minus a few days), of course we couldn't use the top off all the time.

The performance, ride and relative rarity of the Z06 is great fun!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Wecome to the forum! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'll admit there have been some evenings that would have been nice to cruise around with the top down. For the most part though, here in Oklahoma it's too damn hot to put the top down during the day, so that means you're relegated to evenings, spring, fall. If I lived in southern California again or someplace like that, I'm sure I'd be missing it even more.

The biggest difference for me is how much safer I feel with the hardtop. And you'll be very impressed with the extra rigidity the FRC provides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I live in Arizona, so lots of drop top weather to be had. I had an 01' Roadster and want to get another Vette, the ZO6 would fit nicely with my right foot and the butt dyno, but as you can see I am wanting some reassurance the FRC will not dissapoint. Thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had an 01 vert. Pewter Oak/Oak. Loved the car. When it was sold and the guy drove off I wondered if I had just made a big mistake. Two months later I had the Z06 and was bringing it home from Atlanta to Denver. NO MISTAKE!!!!

Sometimes those evening top down drives are missed but I have an M3 vert for that and can bring my daughters along as well. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Get the Z06!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Had a '99 Navy Blue vert, and a Y2K yellow vert before the Zee. Loved 'em all, but nothing compares to the Z-OH-WOW-6! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
206 Posts
Had a 99 vert, loaded, 6 speed. Traded it in on 01 Z. Yes I do miss it. Went to the Z for the power and am not disappointed. I will stay with the Zs for this reason. But I fear that just like in the 60s the HP wars will end soon (or I will be priced out). At least I can say I owned a vette with the power that I think a vette should have and can do mods if I want even more. Nobody mentions this, but the insurance companies are begining their campaign against us and cars like it.:smile:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had 2000 Navy blue vert that I loved, but couldn't pass up millennium Yellow Z06. The Z06 is the best Vette I have ever owned. Don't miss vert at all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
keepin' the ragtop for those occasional top down kruzn ops :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Keep the roadster and the Z06. Thats what I did, besides my 74 L48 (built 383 strocker with richmond gears 5-speed) is faster, and totally brutal, a real man's car. So when the bride complains about garage space I recommend we use the 74. Ok, in the mountains of colorado, in a car with no springs (race springs), drag radials, no air, no mufflers (little ones), no cup holders, and passing everything in sight (I love smoking vipers in it) . Hell, with an offer like that she's willing to park her Turbo Bug in the next state.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I no longer have the Vert. I am only allowed to stash one hi-po car in the garage at a time, I know life's not fair tee hee

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yup, I traded a beautiful 98 roadster in on a Z06.

No regrets whatsoever. The Z06 has a much better view out the back compared to when the roadster had the top up.

There is no replacing the top down effect, however there is also no replacing the fun, big grin factor of the Z06.

I think I'll order a 50th roadster and keep both. I will always have a Z06 calibre Corvette though now that the performance and value are back in a big way.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nothing beats cruising the roads in a drop top '68 red Goat with room for 5-8 (yes I have had 8 at once) friends. Add to that a wicked 455ci. bored 30 over and throw in 455 ft.lbs. of torque along with a 4sp tranny and you have all ingredients needed to have one hell of a blast. The Z06 is an awesome machine. IMHO it should be available only as a hardtop. Get a classic drop and save the '06 for the real action.
BTW the '06 will smoke the GTO anyday. (can't hookup w/o slicks!)

·
Registered
295 Posts
smokin' goat

70 more ft.lbs. of torque + 8.5in. P255/55/R15 = one hell of a smoke signal and bone bouncing wheel hop. Need to install bigger sways and a posi-track rear end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts