Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of adding these when I get the headers put on. Any problems? Decent gain?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
FRC, was the pulley install pretty straight forward, or a sizeable effort? Also, any problems with any of the accesories driven off of the smaller pulley?

Thanx!!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
BLEUBYU said:
FRC, was the pulley install pretty straight forward, or a sizeable effort? Also, any problems with any of the accesories driven off of the smaller pulley?

Thanx!!
BLEUBYU :
The install was about 2.5-3 hours according to my mechanic.
No problems at all with the ac or alt.

Tom

J

·
0 Posts
There is a mod coming out...its been slow coming but it should be out soon..that will take about ten minutes longer than the installation of a water pump..(an hour or so?)

That nets two and a half the power increase of the pulley..

Its the reverse flow electric water pump....

10 lbs or so less weight up front..

Full street package still utilizing the thermostat...

2500 hour or 50K mile durability on the electric motor..which can be refurbished when needed as it sits away from the water pump assembly..

You might want to consider this mod after they fill the 350 orders they have waiting in line for this product.

I'll keep you abreast of any updates..as I'm looking to throw this on my vette...for 15rwhp and 10lb/ft of torque increase..

Reduction of parasitic drag and cooler head temps. 187-189 degrees minimizes knock retard and allows better timing advance especially off the 19 fuel cells and the wot extrapolation..(due to minimized knock)

Just throwing this out there as a possibility for you..

Think about it.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks for the info -FRC.

As for the electric water pump, i was wonderin' what happened to that item - it was a hot thread months ago, then the cone of silence. :eek:

I am going to reserve judgement on that one until i seem what results some other folks have after their installs. My dad always told me that you can tell who the pioneers are, they are the ones who have all the arrows in their backs!! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Arrows in the back..LOL..your probably right..I'm one of the guys who thought to bring this information on the pump to this site..

Its been very quiet..in some ways its creepy..but I would say that there are like 350 f body guys lined up with orders in house..

Obviously with those filled..you will see the performance tests and durability issues examined with a fine tooth comb..

Those f body guys will tear the gentlemen who is bringing this to market a new @sshole if it isn't 110 % of what he says it is..The guy who created and is building it does have a respected reputation..

So I'll let you guys know..whats up when I hear something..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts