Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the 4 bolts holding the upper a-arm to the car & 3 flat washers fell from between the chassis & the forward arm mount. Which bolt gets the two washers?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
If you don't get an answer in a couple hours, I'll check when I get home. My car is on the lift and easily accessible to view.

Thanks again for the shocks. I appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Norm. I'm pretty sure they came from the second bolt from the front but I'm not leaving it to chance.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Washer are of two different types. Some have a rubber insert to keep it on the bolt as you loosen the a arm but not pull the bolt out. The other type is a simple washer(plain). These are part of the alignment. They will affect camber and also caster to some degree. From what I've seen on our car both bolts on each leg of the arm use the same number of washers. I'm afraid I can't tell the quantity on each leg. So if you have washers laying around and only one leg unbolted space them equal.
I hope this helps at least a little.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ELF Z06 said:
The Washer are of two different types. Some have a rubber insert to keep it on the bolt as you loosen the a arm but not pull the bolt out. The other type is a simple washer(plain). These are part of the alignment. They will affect camber and also caster to some degree. From what I've seen on our car both bolts on each leg of the arm use the same number of washers. I'm afraid I can't tell the quantity on each leg. So if you have washers laying around and only one leg unbolted space them equal.
I hope this helps at least a little.
Thanks I appreciate the reply. I am certain the front leg had 3 washers & the rear legs 0. I just dont know which had 2. I'm going in for an alignment soon as i get back together so it should not be a big deal.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I don't think all cars are the same. I always put the bolts back where they came from so I don't screw up later. :crazy:
I just looked at mine and the driver side has only one washer on the most foward bolt:

and the passenger side has 4) washers 2) each on the 2 most foward bolts:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I was forunate when I did mine the first time as the washers fell out with each bolt. I take it yours stuck there until you were done removing all of the bolts. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Oh Keith,

I have this little baggie in my posession that contains two washers, two nuts and two bushings. I think they are just spare parts. :jawdrop: :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I believe that the washers are used to true up the chassis for alignment. There is probably not a way to ensure that all car frames roll out of the factory to tolerances of frame runout less than a washer in thickness. I would take the best guess at this and not worry too much. If you go to a fixed camber plate for tracking the car at some point, you will likely find out on the alignment rack where they need to go. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts