Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that in August the flats have a speed week and I want to run my vette. Interested in prep issues, dangers to car and driver, etc. I have 413rwhp with hotchkiss supen upgrade, brembos, pensky DA and 19/20 Mitch's PSIIs

·
Registered
971 Posts
Jim,

You should post a link to the new rules. I believe they limit normal humans to 140 m.p.h. now...Why would I want to drive over 140 m.p.h. to get there and back only to do less there?

GR

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bonneville

Just spoke to SpeedWeek event at the flats and there are considerable hoops (roll bar, fire systems, etc) in order to run; however, she suggested that on a "off-day" you show up and run on your own.

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Remember, it is SALT. Been there with other cars. It's nice that ours are plastic. We Ran an S2000 in the 2.0 class and a Trams AM several years ago and broke 200mph. The salt will spray like sand from the wheels and everything that is metal will now have rust spots where the salt spray took off the paint. This will include little brackets that hold brake lines, ABS lines, clamps for leaf springs, engine bolts, etc,etc. Granted our cars are not subject to the issues of steel body cars. But, everything we ever brought went in real pretty, came out looking like it would clean up fine, but weeks later it would show the signs of the salt. If you are not prepared for it you will be a little disappointed as your car will never be as pristine IMO.

I would rather run the Vette in an open road race like Silver State. Unless of course you are going for a record, then this is the only place where it will really get recognized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts