Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy 315's for the rears but am not sure if they will work well regarding a full foot print. I am mainly talking about street tires because I want at least 12k miles before I have to change them again.

Can anyone that actually has 315's on stock rims tell me their experience with them?

thanks,
danny

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Chirodan said:
I am wanting to buy 315's for the rears but am not sure if they will work well regarding a full foot print. I am mainly talking about street tires because I want at least 12k miles before I have to change them again.

Can anyone that actually has 315's on stock rims tell me their experience with them?

thanks,
danny
Not sure but I think that will be too wide for the stok wheel to work safely...even if it fits, its likely too much sidewall flex. I think 315 is the fattest you can go w/o a mini-tub.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I ran 315 tires on 19x10 inch rims for awhile and had no problems except that the 19 inch 315 tires were 25 series and the fronts were 35 series and I could not stand looking at the difference of the sidewalls.
The tire footprint was good and wore evenly across. I got about 10K
on them with only one burn out and my foot slipped of the clutch that time, I think hehehe
I wish some one made 19 315 30 to match the front 18 295 35 series.
Very few tires to pick from, I wish I had done more research before I bought Ronal Wheels. I like the look but now with a few mods I want to go with 345s and a tub but can't get wider rear rims in that brand. So I am bashing myself due to lack of thinking ahead. Everbody clobbered me when I suggested trying to wideing the back rims with a offset.
We can TRY to make space shuttle take off but no one can widen a rim
Any body want to buy some Ronal rims??

·
Registered
891 Posts
Check the specs at Tire Rack. MPS & MPS2 look a bit wider, smaller O.D. lighter and fit rim. $$.

.7" wider section width is only .35" per side.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys.... I will keep looking into it. Oh, and I won't be buying MPS or MPS 2 tires. I think they are over priced so I will look fir BFGs or Nittos.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Check w/ "FRC TOM"...I know he can get some rims that are incredible... :jammin:
I believe they're 335/30/18's...Running BFG or Kummo's "Viper Tire"...

SonofaDragRacer

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
SonOfaDragRacer said:
Check w/ "FRC TOM"...I know he can get some rims that are incredible... :jammin:
I believe they're 335/30/18's...Running BFG or Kummo's "Viper Tire"...

SonofaDragRacer
The problem with those 18x12's rims is they stick outside the fender to far and look like $hit IMO. 315/30/18 DR's fit fine on the stock 10.5" rims. No clearance problems. A 315 tire on a 10.5 wide rim is not optimum but very doable with no issues. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts