Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running the BFG G-Force KD on their Z06? If so, I would appreciate your thoughts on how they compare to the stock Goodyears.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm not running them on my Z but I ran them on my 03 Cobra. They were worse in the rain then the F1s and at least to me weren't worth the additional bucks as far as dry traction either. They might behave different on the Z06. Maybe someone else will chime in..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't drive my car in the rain, so I'm not all that worried about wet traction. Can anyone comment on performance in the dry??

It looks like everyone must just keep buying Goodyears, and I guess theres nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Likely the best dry traction tire without going to an R-compound tire like a Nitto 555's.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. :eek::

Thanks for the responses guys, looks like I will probably go with the KDs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anybody put KDs on factory rims? I can't find them in factory sizes and was wondering if anybody was running the 275/40ZR17 and the 295/35/ZR18 and had problems with them rubbing the fenders on factory rims at factory hight. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm running factory rear wheels all the way around with 265/35/18 on the front and stock size on the back. I've gotten good wear from these on the track, the supercars didn't wear well on the track for me. The traction is better with the KDs, as well as braking, rain performance OK but more tire noise. The goodyears turn in better IMO. Just barely rubs at full lock, not enough to matter.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am and they work great. Fronts rub a little on full lock.

GREAT tires!

Mike B said:
Anybody put KDs on factory rims? I can't find them in factory sizes and was wondering if anybody was running the 275/40ZR17 and the 295/35/ZR18 and had problems with them rubbing the fenders on factory rims at factory hight. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
KDs are a good tire. But, I think the F1 Supercars are still better. If you're looking for something with more grip: Nittos.

Alex

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up getting the KDs and so far I am pleased with them. They do not fit as nicely on the rims as the Supercars and look somewhat awkward. The sidewall design is also somewhat plain. Performance wise, so far they are better than my worn Supercars, but I can't say they are better than new ones.

My first autocross with them is this Saturday. We'll see how they stack up.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Give us a review of the KDs after Saturday.

Alex

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ZO6 AL-X said:
Give us a review of the KDs after Saturday.

Alex
The KDs performed well. I did not expect R-compound performance out of them, but they are certainly a worthy alternative to the Goodyear Supercars. They are not necessarily better than the Supercars, but at the moment I prefer how they feel.

They did not appear to stick better than brand new Supercars, but I found them easier to drive on. Both tires grip very well, but with the Supercars it was very hard to tell where the limit of adhesion was. And when the Supercars did reach thier limits, they would break away abrubtly. With the KDs, I could slide the car into corners with more confidence. I could still obliterate the rear KDs with throttle anytime I wanted, but nothing short of a drag radial would prevent this.

There are no negatives so far in terms of street driving. Noise and ride quality are comparble to the Supercars. My biggest complaint about the Supercars was that they really got greasy with age. If the KDs wear better, they will become my tire of choice. We'll see how they look and feel at the end of the summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts