Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a mere $7k, and a Guaronteeeed 10 working day turn around......
You can have a Guaronteeeed 440 RWHP...........
If the work is NOT completed in 10 days......you recieve a 20% discount......and the HP is Guaronteeeeed.....or it will be re-worked.....
Sounds like a real deal to me............we're talkin' a 517/18 output @ crank.........:D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
"If some is good, and more is better, then too much is just right." :D :D :D :D

Tell us more.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I LIKE IT!!!! If that's true, I may talk the wife into getting me an early Christmas present. 20% off if not done by 10 working days is a good idea on their part. With the bad press about major delays, I'm sure people will jump on this one. I didn't see any info on their web site about this, though. I'm assuming it's gonna be some head/cam work, right?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeppers.......

Heads, cam, etc..............
The reason (as I understand it), is the bad press JH is/has gotten........
And he is trying to make it "Right"................
It is a post on the Corvette forum......to read all about it go there......;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
There was a posting by another member about having problem with Hennessey and he took car less his motor to be deliverd later :-? :-? . I think he ended up at MTI.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The other member that was having a problem with Hennessey was No Mercy. He was going to take his car to MTI the last I heard.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a Salesman......I gotta'

Wonder WHY??????

Why, does it ALWAYS take the roof to cave in, before folks DO what should have been done to begin with??.

Never will get used to it, and it never gets any better.......

"A good reputation is to be desired above Gold or Silver'.:yeadog:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Guys ... I believe I posted here already that the Hennessey Z600 deal was dead. There is a deal over on the CF right now. The situation is this:

Hennessey was supposed to do a Head and Cam (Z500) package for me in Feb. All he had to do was get the parts and ship them to Hawaii. He stated 3-4 weeks and I sent him a deposit of $8,250.00. Six weeks later, nothing no phone call, no E-mail, no Z500. I called him and he told me that the parts were delayed and should be ready in about 3 weeks. I had been warned by several people about this guy but chose to take him at his word. After about two more weeks had passed I called him for an update. Nothing was ready yet. At that point (STUPID:mad: ) I decided to change it to a full Z600 stroker (1st one). He told me that he could have the engine built (LS1 block) in about 4 weeks then he would ship it to me (and two of his techs) for installation here in Hawaii that would be the first week of June. I sent him another $12,000.00. Two weeks into June still no word so I called again. Waiting for parts still WTF. Now here is where I really get stupid. To make sure the job is done right I sent him my car. From Hawaii to Texas. By the time the car gets there the engine was supposed to be ready and then "extensive" testing, track numbers, Car and Driver magazine blah, blah, blah. He got the car last week of July. Sometime in August he ran (authorized) a big nitrous shot through the stock motor ... he notified me through the Corvette Forum in the tech section. Through all of this time he NEVER called me once!! A few E-mails (defending himself) and that was it. I called him two weeks ago and there had still been nothing done. "Waiting for a crank". After my last call they finally pulled the motor but the damage was done. I had the car flatbedded out of his shop last Monday (10/8/01) and sent to MTI for the Z07 package. Doubting that I would ever see my money without lawers/lawsuits etc, I offered to settle the issue I for half ($10,250.00). I asked him to give me half :mad:!! He agreed and last Monday (10/15/01) he E-mailed me to tell me he was "overnighting" a check and wanted my address and phone number, (I guess that explains why he never contacted me). Well as of yesterdays mail (Thurs) no check.

This "special" deal was brought out as some kind of damage control. After my post on the Corvette Forum. I can not make a comment about his performance numbers. Customer service and ethics are another matter though. I can however say that I am just one of many people that has been screwed around by Hennessey Motor Sports and I would weigh the potential problems before taking any action. It would make no sense for him to make this offer and not complete his task ... but that is what I thought and I am now paying for it.

Good luck!:(

Should you have any specific questions E-mail me: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I live in Houston like some of the other guys posting. If you'd like to get a feeling for what folks think of JH, then pehaps you ought to check with the Viper guys on some of their msg boards. I think you might find that there is an overall theme that No Mercy's story is a recurring theme amonst several different product offerings. But hey, do as you see fit...

I just know where I will and won't be spending my money.

·
Registered
853 Posts
OUCH!!! I am very surprised to read this stuff. I have always thought that HMS was one of the best. Period. Would be nice to hear the other side..Real sorry about your luck though, its supposed to be about having fun...

G

·
Why does he get to keep ten grand...out of the twenty..you sent him?

Did he do any good work that benefits your car long term to the tune of ten grand...?

All I am hearing is that he blew your motor up at the track testing it with nitrous..I hope I'm missing the part where he did some constructive work on your car and thats why your giving him the ten grand?

I think he owes you an extra 10 grand on top of the twenty you sent him..if I'm understanding this correctly...?

Maybe I'm missing something..

but I think your being too nice..

Unless you can walk away with 10 grand worth of mods half completed to some degree and the other 10 grand in cash..

I have to tell you..I don't think I would be as nice as you..

Good luck with that MTI package. It will be awesome on that beautiful.. and honestly one of the most beautiful cars that I have admired along with many other forum members for a long..long time..

Your on the right track..getting your car out of there..but imo you should quickly straighten out the cash balance as well..

You should use your imagination on that portion.

Good luck.

Your car rules....

G

·
And people know of this and still want to do business with this guy...

I don't care if the heads and cam was for a buck..No one should give him a dimes worth of business until he satisfies you like giving you back your money...

Where the hell is the "save the wave deal"

JB

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I agree

No Mercy, I agree with JBsC5, you car is beautiful. Get it back home and enjoy it while you can. No matter what's under the hood, it's an awesome car.

·
Registered
572 Posts
No Mercy...sorry about your problems. I've read about it on cf and unfortunately, I think you're making the best of a bad situation. I was afraid that your solution would be what you say it was. I agree with it though. Unfortunately, I have my doubts you'll get anything back. He has been blasted so many times recently about poor customer service that it has to have some effect on the financial viability of the company.

I understand he has a great product. Unfortunately, that isn't enough if he can't resolve his customer service problems. I have also followed the threads on the Viper forum.

I wish you luck. The bad part is I think you will need it.

JBsC5: think about the cost of suing someone in Texas from Hawaii. Also the risk that Hennessy may at some point decide his liabilities are too high. I'm not saying that is the case as I know nothing about how solid his business is. Just thinking about No Mercy's risks.

G

·
I don't think sueing is the only alternative...not a bad one..but not the only one.. ..and I sure don't get the whole "Corvette..save the wave deal" if Corvette people know about this event going on with no mercy and are still willing to give this guy Hennesey business..?

With friends like that..who the hell needs enemies..

What does henessey do..fix cars for a living? Make them faster...? What is he..on a couple of magazine covers? I'm certainly not impressed..especially after what I'm hearing here about "No mercy's car" ..maybe I'm missing something?

Take care of this in whatever way you see fit..but do it..

Make it happen so in the end you get satisfaction. Don't be too nice a guy here..

Hopefully the guy will be able to walk to the bank and give you the money your looking to get..or maybe you shoud just fly out there and take him for a ride. ...to the bank...

Maybe he just needs to know how serious you are. Sometimes that sh-t works. Sometimes thats the way you got to do it.

I hope not but sometimes..its the only way..

Good luck..

You got a nice car.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I can't believe how some people are lapping up his offer on the other forum. It's weird.

Also, the power he is claiming is on the high end of what other 'vette tuners seem to get with good quality idle/mild cams. And yet he won't say *anything* about cam specs. Even without the ugly history, I'd be cautious.

I have yet to see Hennessey defend himself on the issue. I'd like to hear his side, but I haven't seen any such article (please point it out if I have missed it). Heck, he can use No Mercy's money to cover what he loses on the kits.

I'd send him registered mail requesting payment for the full $20K. Request that he send you a detailed invoice if he feels that you are not entitled to the requested amount. That is important.

If you feel he is responsible for the blown engine (it kinda sounds that way), add that in too. If you feel you owe him for labor, use the customary GM warranty labor rates. If you win, a judge will probably compensate you for the excess time (probably not the entire time) that you did not have your car. If you have to go to court, definitely include the cost of shipping the car out there.

Depending on the circumstances for the blown engine, a judge might award you labor for getting a new LS6 installed.

It sounds like it would be easy for a good attorney to get a settlement out of court.

·
Registered
572 Posts
On the subject of who to give business to, well....there seem to be quite a few good tuners out there. Reputation is very important to me. I would like to think it's important to most folks out there. I wouldn't risk my money with someone who doesn't/can't defend theirs. JMHO

And by the way JBsC5, if you're missing something, so am I.

Mike

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well......I started this

and it's time for my .02's.............:(
I think it's quite obvious WHO would/will NOT ever be getting any of my business......:(
Unless you guy's can recommend someone BETTER........Lingenfelter's rep is AAA # 1............
I have never heard of any problems with these guys..........
And from the FWIW column.........with JUST the details we have been given, and the expense and trouble NO MERCY has endured.......it would take a full blown Funny Car.....to keep me out of a real GOOD lawyers office.......I mean like yesterday......:mad:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts