Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
21,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking one night at the Hampton, after a couple of beers and everyone starts to settle down, we could get all the cammed cars together in a row and let them idle so we can hear the sweet sound of the orchestra! Not only would it be cool to listen to but, any guys (or gals) that are on the fence about doing H/C jobs can get an idea of what they sound like and talk to the owners about driveability, etc.

What do ya think? Good idea? Stupid idea? :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,289 Posts
jub jub said:
I was thinking one night at the Hampton, after a couple of beers and everyone starts to settle down, we could get all the head and cam or just cammed cars together in a row and let them idle so we can hear the sweet sound of an orchestra! Not only would it be cool to listen to but guys (or gals) that are on the fence about doing H/C jobs can get an idea of what they sound like and talk to the owners about driveability, etc.

What do ya think? Good idea? Stupid idea? :eyes:
Hey you gotta love that stereo sound. Hey Jub what valve springs are people using with the HC packages? I have been reading alot about the Comp Cams Beehive springs? What's in yours?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
21,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dwjZ06 said:
Hey you gotta love that stereo sound. Hey Jub what valve springs are people using with the HC packages? I have been reading alot about the Comp Cams Beehive springs? What's in yours?
Whatever came stock with the AFR heads. Comp 921's I think? Not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Be more interesting -- get a db meter and digital camcorder so that the "results" can be analzyed in further detail? :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
21,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reproman said:
Be more interesting -- get a db meter and digital camcorder so that the "results" can be analzyed in further detail? :D

Good idea. Any video wizards out there want the job? :p
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
21,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just another idea to make it more interesting, I would award a prize to the winner! Winner would be decided by popular vote. That means the nastiest cam wins, not who you like the most! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
jub jub said:
Just another idea to make it more interesting, I would award a prize to the winner! Winner would be decided by popular vote. That means the nastiest cam wins, not who you like the most! :lol:

Well...we're gonna need some rules...I can think of the first one. Let's call it the Garett/Cameo rule...you must have a catback on the car. Otherwise, one of them would win hands down. :NoNo: :rofl:
 

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
Joined
·
2,865 Posts
We would definitely have enough space to put the cars along side each other in the Bob Evans parking lot!!
I just don't know who can beat Steve and that T-Rex for exhaust note except the two Joes!
Now how can you put 427's against a 346???
What we have to have classes?? :lol: :lol:
I love the idea because of the fact that 'Mad Monkey' and other DV cameras 'me included' will be there to record the sounds :thumb:

Too many If's!!
Let's do it as a recording session and if we get enough interest, we can talk JC into an exhaust sound clip section??

I can't wait
Ken
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,352 Posts
I'm in, cam only, but I am in...
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
21,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kens06 said:
We would definitely have enough space to put the cars along side each other in the Bob Evans parking lot!!
I just don't know who can beat Steve and that T-Rex for exhaust note except the two Joes!
Now how can you put 427's against a 346???
What we have to have classes?? :lol: :lol:
I love the idea because of the fact that 'Mad Monkey' and other DV cameras 'me included' will be there to record the sounds :thumb:

Too many If's!!
Let's do it as a recording session and if we get enough interest, we can talk JC into an exhaust sound clip section??

I can't wait
Ken
OK, two classes it is! Big breast and small breast! I'll be the judge! :guiness: :zboobie: :D :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,475 Posts
Great idea Jub, count me in, but I agree with Ken, Steve's
T-Rex is going to be hard to beat! :D :D

Jim
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,231 Posts
I got a cam in my car. :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
I got a DB Meter!!!!

PJ
 
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Top