Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone on Kerbecks list get a phone call yet? I'm #22 and not a peep, I emailed my sales person and basically got the blow off, don't call us we will call you!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have heard from my supporting dealer in the past several days that the June 15th letter from the Corvette Marketing Team to each dealer of Corvettes is generally only projecting One (1) Z06 allocation for the first 6 months of production (July thru Dec) per dealer. Only the largest dealers are getting more cars and even they are getting less than 5 cars total for the period. What I don't know is if those largest dealers being referred to are Kerbecks, Stanford & Maxie Price. Either production is going to start off very slow and deliberate or GM is being pessimistic on their production projections. Can anyone confirm how many cars the Big 3 are getting thru the end of this calendar year?? Most of us may not be getting cars until next spring.

GOLD72

·
Registered
765 Posts
Each dealer is getting an amount of ZO6's based off the 12 month total Corvette sales June 2004-May 2005.

Not every dealer will get one in the first 6 months. Based on the fact that it is sales based, some dealers will get more.

The plan is for the first three months that the top tier dealers get in on the first month, tier 1 and 2 on the second, tier 1, 2 and 3 on the thrid, then the the fourth month, it opens to everyone.

The larger dealers will get more than 5 in the first 6 months. There is a level of sales below which the dealer will not get any.

Kerbeck, Stanford and Price will of course get the most as they are the largest dealers.

I'm sure that if you are #22, that it won't be long before you get the call, but remember that they are probably getting tons of calls.

If you were on the first batch, I'm sure you would know. Hang tight and wait a couple more weeks and see if that changes.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Since dealers can't afford to tell us in total the status of orders, who has received a call, their quota during the first six months, maybe someone should stand up a posting where we can all list our #, what dealer, have we received any calls yet, etc.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The plan at Bowling Green is to get the C6 Z06 to where it is one out of every four (1 of 4) produced for a while. I don't know how many that will be a day but it soulds like what is mentioned above. I am #1 & #2 at a smaller Corvette Dealer in Spartanburg, SC. They predict I will get the first one in early November.

·
Registered
60 Posts
got my call today

#1 for my dealer here in Jax...however, not til Sept (their 1st allocation).... but hey..that's closer right? :coo:

·
Registered
449 Posts
As for Kerbeck, good luck. I called and found a machine has replaced humans for communication. Well I grudgingly left a message and those nice folks didn't have the courtesy to call back. I guess they're so BIG they don't need my paultry $70,000.

I think Rick Daniels said he is getting about 6 in the first month. Those units are being generated in that late July one week run.

I was at a local Chevy dealer today in Sarasota Florida and they showed me a sheet of paper detailing the units they are getting. They were getting 1 for each month for the next 6 months. They told me they sell about 60 Corvettes a year. They told me they are a tier one dealer.

As for the Factory, I was up at the tour in May and I think they said they make about 130 units a day. They had a Sunset Orange unit near the end of the line and a Blue one just off the side at the end of the line. I counted about 10 outside the fence and saw two out on test run.

Someone has said these are units for testing by the magazines, crash tests, etc.....

Nice, can you imagine crash testing these? No matter how much money they offered, I don't know that I could.... :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Constren, did Sunset say (know) how many after the first 6 months? I was there last week, and they have a small list of people. Just sold my Z and may want another...?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
GlennSullivan said:
Hey, has anyone on Kerbecks list get a phone call yet? I'm #22 and not a peep, I emailed my sales person and basically got the blow off, don't call us we will call you!
Screw em. Don't do business with them. If they have your money they should at least respect you right? :usa:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts