Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
JC, Are you looking for work? Send me an email and tell me what kind of things you are interested in doing.
I have not personally worked for Grunman, they do have a site here in Melbourne and I have talked to some people that worked for them over the years. Keep in mind that they are a company that does extensive contract work for the government. Those companies are notoriously cheap when it comes to compensation and are very quick to lay off when times get slow.

Don

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Hey JC,

My dad used to work for Northrop back in the old days, but he was laid off in '92 with the cancelation of the YF-23 program (I've still got all the B-2 and YF-23 company propoganda).

He still says it was a great company to work for, very well managed, and they even managed to spread out of the defense industry and make some cash.

When he left, the stock price was about $15/share. They closed today at $97.62/share. I think that says a fair amount about the management.

I assume the openings you're seeing are for logicon? If they had a job where I worked, I would go work there in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
JC...
Worked for No Throw Up Air Crash Company many years ago. Great company to work for. They did take care of their people better than most in the aircraft industry at the time.

Dan

·
Registered
803 Posts
I know several people that work for NGC in El Segundo. It's a good company. They are still in business and have a good future.

NGC does have a group here in southern MD that does airborne mission computer stuff (ADA).

This place has many, many companies that do IT stuff for NAVAIR undrer contract - a lot of Oracle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts