Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten a couple complaints on including the top paragraph in the Weekly bulletin sent out last night....So much for expressing good will.......It's amazing how quick people are to jump to conclusions about the nature of a person by reading context into an email.....or anything for that matter.....and maybe give one ounce of thought before running off at the mouth....

Sorry, had to vent........

JC

·
Registered
496 Posts
JC,

I got the mailer and thought it was great. I think most people totally agree with the first paragraph. I know I do. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Politically Correct

I don't want to turn this into a political forum and you may remove this reply if you would like.

Let me be politically correct.

Justice will be done. My opinion is if you don't like the way we run our country then get your A$$ out of here. That is what I call freedom. Freedom to pack your $hit and get out.

Right now people are very much on edge. If I hear someone talking bad about the US. I will swing first and then ask questions.

Right now the Americans are grieving for the dead and the families of the dead. Right now it would be best for people to let us grieve. If they don't then there will be a war. Right out on the sidewalk.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Bulletin

Here is what was in the bulletin.

Z06Vette.com Community Bulletin

For unsubscription information, please see the bottom of this email.

Hello all, it's been a sad week with the recent terrorist acts and
condolences and best wishes go out from Z06Vette.com to the
families and those that have perished. We are deeply saddened
by these events and can only take comfort in the fact that America
is still united, strong, and that we will see justice done.

On the Z06Vette.com front, be sure to register now and be a part
of two exciting giveaways we have going! Visit
http://www.z06vette.com/ht_giveaway.php for a chance to win a
new Halltech Sidewinder Intake, a $599 value! And be sure to

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
JC,

Don't let that person push your buttons... you did a good job writing a very tactful email.

Some people may not agree with the idea of 'vengeance' (Jesus Christ didn't for one), but 'justice' is not the same word. Although people can interpret the word 'justice' in many ways.

If that person was reading more into the message about you, it sounds like they have some personal issues with you and are using the email for an excuse to lash out.

IMO you did a good job.

justice (jùs´tîs) noun
1. The quality of being just; fairness.
2. a. The principle of moral rightness; equity. b. Conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude; righteousness.
3. a. The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law. b. Law. The administration and procedure of law.
4. Conformity to truth, fact, or sound reason: The overcharged customer was angry, and with justice.
5. Abbr. J., j. Law. a. A judge. b. A justice of the peace.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I cannot speak for everyone, but I believe I can speak for 95% of the population by saying you are doing a great job JC! Your thoughts are shared by most Americans. Thank you for that Email, it was IHO VERY tasteful. Do not let these people that ridicule you, get to you. You are doing a great job as far as I am concerned. As far as "Apparently, you can't please anyone...." , you have pleased me and majority of those who recieved and read the Email. Thank you again. :yeadog:

Eric

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I haven't seen the paragraphs in question. But you have every right to say what ever you want to. Politically Correctness is just plain bullshit. It's just an excuse to draw sympathy onto themselves and to blame the other person(s) for all their own problems. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Re: Bulletin

z06phil said:
Here is what was in the bulletin.

Z06Vette.com Community Bulletin

For unsubscription information, please see the bottom of this email.

Hello all, it's been a sad week with the recent terrorist acts and
condolences and best wishes go out from Z06Vette.com to the
families and those that have perished. We are deeply saddened
by these events and can only take comfort in the fact that America
is still united, strong, and that we will see justice done.

And the problem with this is :-?

Vince

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Well said, JC. Perhaps some people are feeling overloaded with the situation and just want it to go away and are a bit on edge, but I took your comments in the spirit in which they were intended. Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
jc, you should not let it bother you whoever complained about
your satement has their head up their ass! and to that person
i'll say this Go FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLE. if this offends anyone
i don't care.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
JC,
Concur with the support of your mailer posted above. I felt your mailer was well said. Don't let a few outspoken people upset you.
Keep up the good work.
Ffen

J

·
0 Posts
I think what was said was said quite well..

I believe some people are just so upset they don't know what to bitch about.

Keep the faith man..

Your doing good. I appreciate the communication in your newsletter and the fact we have friends with which to shoot the breeze with..

Let me know that PO box address via email b/c I'm so struck over this whole thing going on I cant get even simple things together..(like paypal)

I don't know about you guys..but I'm moving real slow. Everything I do..I have to think about twice..maybe three times to make sure I do it right..

Very sad day..

It would cheer me up if I could send a raffle ticket to you guys..

·
Registered
619 Posts
In my opinion, the bulletin was done in good taste and it was well thought out.

I support you 100%.

Thanks a lot.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
personally, i didnt find anything wrong with the email. we are a community that has been able to share thoughts outside of the car realm so no biggie. if you dont want those bullentins then unsubscribe.

the only reason i'd unscubscribe is that i just have too much other email to deal with and i visit this site often enuff to be up to date.

just my position...

i didnt post much if any on 9/11 just because it was a day that the last thing on your mind is a car and i personally didnt think anyone would want to hear a person ramble on about their car or discuss/argue dyno numbers that day.

as for now, i personally keep posting about cars and leave it at that. i've seen posts on the viper board about killing and using racist remarks and rather not see it here. i understand people are angry and need to vent and, like i said, forums like these have also created a brother/sisterhood that can tolerate some openess but there is no excuse for that kind of stuff that was over there. comfort each other. console each other. but i rather just keep posting about cars (after this post :)) for people that just want to get away from every channel on tv discussing this tragedy and be a little selfish for a few moments and think of other things.

thanks for your time.

don

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
JC, well worded, and well thought out. You spoke form the heart and that is never a bad thing. The person who complained about this should simply stick their head back up their $ss and continue with their life as they know it.

Nice Jobe, keep up the GOOD work.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
JC,

The first 2 lines said it all,Z06Vette.com Community Bulletin unsubscribe if you dont want to recieve

keep up the Good Work......................

1 - 20 of 28 Posts