Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions.

1- My last five numbers on my VIN are 02775, what month would that be a possible build in? My wiring harness tags around the battery area are all late July dates. Other than that all I have is a window sticker.

2- Contacted K & N intake filters about a chip and filter and they said they don't have them available yet for the 2002 Z06 but woud let me know when. Will pass on when I get wind of the prodcution. I thought some members had already installed new K&N filters on their 02 Z06's.

george

·
Registered
51 Posts
George, Your car was started in Production on Fri July 27th. It would have come off the line on Tuesday July 31st.
K&N does have an air filter for the C5 the part number is 33-2111. This filter will also work in the Z06.
Scott
CorvetteCanada

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmmm... I'm running a K&N on my 01 Z but the part number I
have is 33-2014. Anyone know what the difference is?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Thrust, Is that a replacement filter for the stock box or a completely different airbox you have from K&N?? If it's different can you describe it?
Thanks, Ed G.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It is a replacement for the stock filter. I remember being asked
for a particular digit from the vin when they were looking it up.
It is thinner than the stock element.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just got off the K&N website. There are three K&N part #'s
that cross to the AC A917C (OEM filter):
33-2014
33-2111
33-2118

The 2111 is the one that comes up when you look up a filter
based on a 2001 Vette. I've written K&N for advice on changing
over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can someone tell me about mine? Last five numbers are 25523. I haven't found the information in the hiding places yet.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call GM

Call 800-222-1020 and give them your VIN# and year of car. They can tell you when the car was built.

geroge

·
Registered
51 Posts
BBZ06FLA, your car was the last car to be started for the day on Thursday March 15, 2001. Next time you order a Corvette, try and be there to see it being built. It is quite an experience!
Scott:) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts