Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
..turn to page 84.

In the 'Looks' department, 1-10 scale:

Viper: 9.6
Corvette: 7.6
Mustang: 7.9

Yes, that's right, the Mustang was ranked higher than the C6 in the looks department. A MUSTANG!!!

I knew the C6 styling was crappy, and have said that the C6Z looks Mustang-esque with it's tacked-on, out-of-date rear flares, and it's hideous rear brake-ducts. But I'v never entertained the possibility that the Mustang may look better than the C6. However, in this article are 9 fighter pilots who overall think the Mustang looks BETTER than the Corvette!

Man, it's universal and official. If people actually think the Mustang looks better than the C6, what does that really say about the abysmal state of the C6's styling?

I would be SO disappointed if I were a C6Z chassis/powertrain engineer, and would be ready to dole out a major ass-kickin' on whomever was responsible for the C6's boring styling.

A Mustang!

:rofl: <-- Dude's laughing at the C6 styling team; good job, guys!

·
Registered
73 Posts
SRV said:
..turn to page 84.

Yes, that's right, the Mustang was ranked higher than the C6 in the looks department. A MUSTANG!!!

I knew the C6 styling was crappy, and have said that the C6Z looks Mustang-esque with it's tacked-on, out-of-date rear flares, and it's hideous rear brake-ducts. But I'v never entertained the possibility that the Mustang may look better than the C6. However, in this article are 9 fighter pilots who overall think the Mustang looks BETTER than the Corvette!

Man, it's universal and official. If people actually think the Mustang looks better than the C6, what does that really say about the abysmal state of the C6's styling?

I would be SO disappointed if I were a C6Z chassis/powertrain engineer, and would be ready to dole out a major ass-kickin' on whomever was responsible for the C6's boring styling.

A Mustang!

I agree with the viper looks, as for the mustang.. It is and always will be a brick on wheels, as for the c6 z06 they dropped the ball , and should have made a wider bodied kickass notchback, would of sent the viper and the mustang running with their tail between their legs . see below:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I really like the C6, AND I think the Mustang will get real old, real fast. The C6 is a bit ahead of it time in styling and will only look better for the next 5-7 years. But yes the Viper does look good. It sounds stupid, but it looks good.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think the Viper looks good - but, I like the last generation GTS A LOT better than the new RT/10. The new RT/10 doesn't do much for me in styling. I'll have to wait until I see the next Viper coupe in person.

The C6 looks pretty good, except for the front end. I think they could have done better with that.

As for the Mustang, I didn't expect much from the 'stang team. I think it looks very good for a car that sells for $25k. I don't really feel that the new Mustang looks better than the C6 but, I think it will appeal to more people... especially those who owned the 60's Mustangs.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I don't really like or dislike the new Z...I'm pretty indifferent on the subject. I do like the Viper and I like the Mustang front end. I saw some Saleen Stangs at the auto show and I really liked the look... :pp: :lol:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I have always liked the Viper too ...one hot bad A$$ machine and the Mustang has always been what it is..."Brick on wheels" is a little harsh I think.....somehow it has always been ok. I admit to haveing a 66 2+2 (modded to 250HP or so) and it was fun but it was always a Ford looks with Ford Malodys and not close to Vette Class Rig.
However making the C-6 a Viper like looking car just ain't right... with harsh lines was such a shock and total departure from the Smooth and Gracious Beautiful lines of the C-5. Add Sexy to C-5 looks too...Now I know beauty has always been in the eye of the beholder and sometimes we all become gradually won over by the substance of what a car is regardless of it's looks.
If you Love the Looks and everything about your C-6....I am sincerely very happy for you.
As for me...there are not enough years in a lifetime to grow fond of the looks of the C-6 be it coupe or vert or Z. On the plus side tho...the C-6 is a step ahead in technical achievement and advancement. Thanks for letting me rant :cool:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Fighter pilots huh, don't wanna get on a rant about this, but will and keep it brief, well the new Z will not be at 40,000 feet looking for MIG 25's, as will hunt at ground level and will not have to look for any competitive car in its class as there is none.
The new Mustang a really neat car, and a bargin for what you get, however the Ford (areo brick) should not be mentioned on the same page in a comparison to the 2006 Z06.
Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not me, just a few that refuse to let go, or just will take a bit longer to accept the new C6 Z06 design.
Letting go of the '67 to the '68 design now for me a big issue.
And the market will bear me out on that.
My thoughts are the C6 is a correct evolution, design wise, and for sure will get some flak on that.
Also pacing the floor for the awesome replacement, hope you are higher on your list. Just kidding.
No way hope you are lower. The guy that gets his first will for sure post, and post, and post......

PerforminNorman said:
Everyone thinks my car is ugly. :cry: Oh well. :rofl:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Some of you guys are comparing the Mustang to the C6 Z. That's not what the article was about. MT compared the Mustang to the C6.

To be clear, I don't think the C6 is ugly. Room for improvement, but I don't think it's ugly. The C6 Z sure looks nice. I love the stance it has with the big wheels. :D

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I don't think the Mustang is a exactly a styling breakthrough, but the new Vette isn't either. I can see where those who aren't invested in the Vette hobby could easily pick the Mustang the winner in styling, and that my Brothers, is the f'ed mess we are in. Thanks go to GM for putting its design faith in Mr. Aztek. I agree with SRV, if I were a Corvette engineer, there would be some designer azz all over my boots. :D Sorry Norman. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
SRV said:
..turn to page 84.

A Mustang!

The New Mustangs dont look bad at all :)

Mustang GT

Corvette C6

Mustang GT

Corvette C6

But they cant compete with the look of the C6. :thumb:

BTW Norm:

C6 is lookin good! :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I don't think the C6 is ukking fugley at all! I think the pre-launch hype led us all to expect something like a C5 Plus - instead we got an Aztec-DNA C5 Minus - mechanical and technical improvements notwithstanding!

C'est la vie! I'd still take one - especially the Z! It's still cool looking enough to pump my nads :thumb:

And I'm sure that by the time I buy a used C6Z, the C7 will be just around the corner! :eek:o:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.