Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find out if the "regular" five spoke front 8.5x17 & rear 9.5x18 wheels from a 2000 or 2001 C5 will fit on the Z06.
That is, will they clear the brake assemblies and do they have offsets that allow proper alignment with the outside edge of the wheel wells on the body? Anybody try this yet or know the answer?

I've noticed that the ten spoke OEM factory wheels on the Z06, at 1 inch wider rim widths, front and back, tend to stick out of the wheel wells about a 1/2" more than the coupe and convertible wheels and tires. I think this is partly the reason for reported problem with rock chips dinging the rocker panel and/or black rear brake inlet air vents.

By switching to the standard C5 275x40-18" rear tires (not EMTs, but another type of same size & speed rating), I believe the top speed of a Z06 can be raised a few mph. With the right tires for the job, the top speed (theoretically) of an otherwise stock Z running flat out, should be within reach of 180 mph. It sure would be interesting to find out. :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
They will fit but........you will have to run the normal size wheels on them and your Z might be mistaken for a regular FRC.

Try a set of aftermarket wheels like HRE, Fikse, BBS, or others.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I realize the wheels (and tires) will be narrower by an inch both front and rear and the appearance of the wheels is different. Those are givens. What I need to know is if the "offsets" to the axles hubs are different and there are no issues with clearance around the brake assemblies. I would guess there are no problems, just want to verify.

Has anyone heard of Performance Wheels Outlet in San Bernardino, CA? They sell Y2k C5 wheels, with choice of chromed, polished and painted alloys at seemingly attractive prices. Are these OEM factory fresh or refurbs?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have had a set of '99 wheels on my Z06 on a road course.
Not very flattering on the car but no clearance issues.
I am pretty sure the '99 wheel is the same size(not type) as the 2000 wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts