Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have private owners started to receive their new 06 Z's? Yesterday I was walking the dog and there was a red 06 ZO6 in the neighbors drive. :eek: I know he works for GM, however it did not have a manufacturers plate, it looked like it was a private plate because it still had the old tag on it (in michigan we get little tags to renew our plates). Let us know if anybody has received their new Z.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dave Pontzious said:
. . . I know he works for GM, however it did not have a manufacturers plate, it looked like it was a private plate because it still had the old tag on it (in michigan we get little tags to renew our plates). . .
Not all company cars have mfg plates. Years ago there was a movement to vastly reduce the number of mfg plates (I don't know if it was a cost deal). For instance, the Milford Proving Ground fleet has (had when I was there) regular plates. Because they were all bought at the same place, you could "recognize" the number sequence. Same for the Tech Center Engr Staff and Research fleets, if memory serves.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Captured Test Fleet cars will have 'regular' plates on them.

The reduction and control was a taxation issue from the state - they were not getting any revenue from the 'm' plates as they were valid on any vehicle. The state wanted to get a piece of the action with all the cars and trucks GM turns over in company service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts