Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched on this and am still not sure. I am thinking no. If anyone has any real experience answers please chime in. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The stock injectors are running over 75% duty cycle from the factory, and can not, IMHO, support more than 400 RWHP, without getting up to, or over, 100% duty cycle - which is a bad thing. Don't risk it, go with larger injectors when you do the H&C and do the tuning anyway.

Les

LS6 Enthusiast said:
I have searched on this and am still not sure. I am thinking no. If anyone has any real experience answers please chime in. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Any tuner worth their salt is going to suggest bigger injectors, really depends on how big the H&C package is that you are going to install.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
IMHO, larger injectors are a must for any H/C package that is going to net you over 400rwhp. I went with the 30# SVO's and they work very well. They are not that expensive if you shop around and only take an hour or so to install.

Jim

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
A word of caution on the SVO's (which I have run on many motors with zero problems)... they are longer than the stock Bosch units. I put them in my car when I went H&C - ran great on the street etc. but one overheated and seized at Road Atlanta (and resulted in my going with a forged 383). Upon examination the engine builder could see where the SVO's were rubbing against the fuel rail due to their length. He believes (as do I) that the reduced fuel flow caused excessive heat during road cource conditions and caused the injector failure.

For street, even drag strip, the SVO's will be fine, I would not recommend them if you ever plan to participate in DE events at a road course.

Les

Jim Lembo said:
IMHO, larger injectors are a must for any H/C package that is going to net you over 400rwhp. I went with the 30# SVO's and they work very well. They are not that expensive if you shop around and only take an hour or so to install.

Jim

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've got a set of RC Racing blueprinted & flow matched 30lb injectors laying around if your interested..

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Interesting thread...my ride has stock injectors and runs just fine. MTI, the tuner that installed all the mods, never mentioned or recommended larger injectors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I would assume that a set of RC 30's would be able to handle a full bolton H/C car, even if you get lucky an have one that makes 470+rwhp.

·
Registered
722 Posts
RobGrnfld said:
Interesting thread...my ride has stock injectors and runs just fine. MTI, the tuner that installed all the mods, never mentioned or recommended larger injectors.

same here. I've been running 455/405 SAE with the stock injs for over 4 months.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Not all cars are the same as you know.
I have seen injectors run out on 425 rwhp and others be fine with 450.
The key is to scan the car when on the dyno.
Fuel pressure has alot to do with this also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the G5X3 cam only making around 435 rwhp and my injectors were at 100% duty cycle. I upgraded to Mototron 60#'s when I changed over to a Procharger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts