Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, new to the forums and been seriously considering a Z. my question is how much do you guys get noticed? if a viper drives by people's chin drops and they talk about how fast that car must be. the basic consumer doesnt know that the z06 is right there with it if not better in a lot of categories, (excluding price). do people know your Z's arent normal vettes? what about those of you with mods? what mods made it clear this vette is in a world class league? im guessing if you throw new heads/exhaust it becomes so aggressive sounding people get a hint.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Naaah, nobody notices. Oh the girls all look, then they see it's an old fart and look away....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think that when people look over they don't expect to see someone my age (27) driving a Z. They probably think it's "daddy's car" :lol: My girlfriend gets plenty of looks though when she drives it. Than again she could be driving a bus and still get looks :lol: :thumb:

·
Registered
474 Posts
A few people glance on the road, usually at traffic lights. Then I notice the chatter starts more when they see a 27 year old that looks 24 driving it.

Most of the folks at work think my Z is the same as one of the director's C6 (both are taxi cab yellow...). For some reason they don't see the black air ducts on the side or the hide away headlights on mine and not on the C6 I park behind.

I bought it for my pleasure anyhow so let the people think what they think. Fiance got a ring in January and I got my Z in Dec so we're both happy!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My1stZ said:
I think that when people look over they don't expect to see someone my age (27) driving a Z. They probably think it's "daddy's car" :lol: My girlfriend gets plenty of looks though when she drives it. Than again she could be driving a bus and still get looks :lol: :thumb:
Yep right with you. They see me and they definitely think its daddy's car. Im 21 but look younger. And ditto about the GF. If it was her car, she could prob get any guy out there.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
People that know what they are looking at will break their necks. But most people think civics are fast. :crazy:
If thats what you're after, buy a viper.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Cave Man, gotta agree. I just wanted that balls to the wall performance, who cares if they are lookin at ya. Actually I'd rather blend in and not be noticed. Easier to get a little spunky once in a while.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Once I get 'er rollin', all they see is the rear end and hear the rumble sound of the LG's/Cam/PRT's gradually disappear. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
bigcat39 said:
Naaah, nobody notices. Oh the girls all look, then they see it's an old fart and look away....
That pretty well covers it for me. Z06's are a dime a dozen in the Fort Lauderdale area. :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Zrod said:
Actually I'd rather blend in and not be noticed. Easier to get a little spunky once in a while.

:yeadog: The car doesn't stand out but, the noise does attract attention so, I try to blend in as much as possible...I don't want any undue attention from the police. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's kind of funny...I get more looks and upped thumbs in my 1979 Trans Am than I do when driving the Z. But if I see another T/A when I'm cruisin' Burt Reynolds style do you think there's a wave? Not even a glance...however the commradery/ wave of the Vette guys (new and old) is one of the greatest feelings when driving the Z.

·
Registered
139 Posts
brozzi said:
hello, new to the forums and been seriously considering a Z. my question is how much do you guys get noticed?
The stripes on the Z16 Lemans Blue CE seem to attract the attention of "people who don't know" more than a solid color Z06. Especially cops.

I got a warning ticket for 65 in a 45, on a curve under a bridge at night in my town. Valentines only go so far. The cop had a big grin when he wrote "405 HP" in the license plate number box. I said, "Thank you, I guess the mercy rule is now off". :lol:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The Z06/Z16 is pretty distinctive and is not a "blend in" kinda ride,throw in some Borla's and you are not getting anywhere unnoticed :z:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Depending on what part of the country, and what state you live in I dont get noticed like a viper would. You can see a C5 every day. People who know performance cars know what I drive. I dont really care to be noticed. I drive the car for me.
:cheers:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
nutbush said:
Depending on what part of the country, and what state you live in I dont get noticed like a viper would. You can see a C5 every day. People who know performance cars know what I drive. I dont really care to be noticed. I drive the car for me.
:cheers:
Very well put :thumb: Agree totally, makes me smile, that's all that matters. :z:

Jack

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
They can here me coming, I get alot of compliments cause its a loud b :cen: :cool:

Also they see me driving, 45 years young.

They say it must be daddys car. :lol:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Hard to miss .(that can be good or bad depending on circumstances..... :sneaky: )

1 - 20 of 67 Posts