Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are days that I wish buying cars was like walking into a Wal-Mart and picking up a pair of shoes.

I have a 1992 LeSabre and a 1988 Corsica that I have finally gotten tired of funneling money into so I went to the Sam's Club Auto website which lead me to Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake, Virginia. I originally went in looking for an Impala to replace the aforementioned cars. I will say this, so far the new car guys seem to be a good bunch.

On the way home to think before buying, I noticed their used car section had 4 Corvettes sitting outside. 2 (1 C6, 1C5) were automatics. 1 was a C5 convertible, and the last one was a manual shift, black, C6 coupe with the Z51 package. Not really what I wanted, but the sales person offered me a test drive and I just couldn't refuse. Took the car out for about an hour, just a friend of mine and I. My dream Vette is a yellow, C6, Z06. This wasn't any of the above, but by the time I got back I probably would have made a deal with the guy except they almost immediately brought in the sales manager who pretty much refused to give me the total cost of the car. Gave me some BS story about it being a repo and that they'd have to call the bank to get the actual sales price. Yet somehow, he seemed to have enough information to try and deal with me on a monthly payment. The first payment he put in front of me was $680/month. The original sticker in the car said $601/month. So I'm already up $79/month on the car.

The sad thing is they were running a 25% off used vehicles and the sales manager was willing to give me an additional $3500 off. Too bad they weren't willing to play straight with me.....:(

I'm taking this as a sign that next time I need to hold out for what I really want....

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You have to remember that they're not interested in making friends. They just want your money. Keep looking and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts