Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who can remember the Arlington, WA. airport drag strip during the 60s, they will be having their second annual reunion after approx. 35 years.

Last year was a blast with a couple hundred folks attending, a car show, old picture displays and lots of the old iron than ran there on display with engine runs and pit drive thrus.

This will be Saturday the 10th. Enter the airport by the west entrance near the ultralite airpark. I-5 Exit 206. Gates open around 7.

Pat

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not likely it would ever reopen as it could never meet NHRA or probably anyone else's safety rules (top fuel cars weren't pushing 340 in the sixties), noise issues, etc.. but the group would like to have some short exibition runs with some of the old cars or at least a burnout area to rekindle some fond memories. The group has the insurance but the FAA wouldn't give up use of the runway this year even though it is rarely used.

They are going to try and build on their relationship so perhaps next year things will improve.

Pat

·
Registered
752 Posts
Pat that sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I really enjoy the old dragsters and street rods. Unfortunately I won't be in the country at that time. Maybe next year..

Silvertp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts