Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I have a question...

do Amsoil products work in Vipers? If so, how much faster will I go using them? :sneaky:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sure. Go to the Amsoil website and you can look up what they offer for your Viper.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I have a question...

do Amsoil products work in Vipers? If so, how much faster will I go using them? :sneaky:
David ... good to have you checking in here!
Will be good to get Brad back on this coast and mixing it up on the track again.
Happy Holidays!
Denny

There are a few Viper owners here ... wonder what they use? :sneaky:

·
9,755 Posts

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I have a question...

I don't think so, David. Since the Viper is put together with bubblegum and duct tape for the most part, it is better to introduce some sort of 'sticky' substance into the motor rather than oil to get the best results.
I'm thinking perhaps a taffy or cotton candy based liquid would be the best for you to use. :sneaky:

Mike

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I don't think so, David. Since the Viper is put together with bubblegum and duct tape for the most part, it is better to introduce some sort of 'sticky' substance into the motor rather than oil to get the best results.
I'm thinking perhaps a taffy or cotton candy based liquid would be the best for you to use. :sneaky:

Mike
Remember to flush the engine with hose water first. :lol: Jeez, we really need some kind of "sarcasm" smiley.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have a question...

Absolutely David! But they won't make your red car faster than my red car! :lol:

Good to see you here again David. Somehow missed this thread earlier this week. Been really busy getting certified to go on patrol soon and haven't had much time to play on the forums.

Updating the above, I did manage to get my SCCA license renewed this fall and though I didn't get to the track as often as I wanted, I did get there running a regional race at Portland in late Oct finishing 1 of 2 in class and something like 2 of 24 overall. Felt good to be at the track again. Now, the car is in storage for my winter patrol, but is all ready for a Spring race season. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Bumping this as its that time again for me. I'll be back in the spring and assuming nothing changes, a big assumption in the Navy, I'll be headed to shore duty in DC in July. I hope to get in several races here in the PNW this spring before I move, but move plans and buying a house in the greater DC area may conflict with that.

While I'm gone, please feel free to contact Joe for your AMSOIL needs. His info is in the first post of this thread.
:cheers:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
FYI to all, I'm home again and slowly catching up on things. I'm checking my PMs and emails daily now so if anyone needs anything, please drop me a line.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Welcome back Topside, Brad ... :thumb:
Any definitive word on your next post and timeline?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Welcome back Topside, Brad ... :thumb:
Any definitive word on your next post and timeline?
NAVSEA at the Washington Navy Yard in DC. Actually have orders in hand to detach here in July so pretty firm at this point. Now the fun begins - trying to decide where to live out east. :eek2:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts