Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
My oil life % has been on 52% for a long time. I think its broke. I went to change the oil thinking there was a glitch in the system. It didnt change anything.

·
Registered
412 Posts
stevep1794 said:
My oil life % has been on 52% for a long time. I think its broke. I went to change the oil thinking there was a glitch in the system. It didnt change anything.
Did you reset the oil life indicator after changing the oil?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
stevep1794 said:
This sounds like you believe just changing the oil resets the "Oil Life Remaining" indicator. I hope you know that YOU have to actually reset it.

bobby778...
I did a cross country trip (NY to NV and back) and averaged over 70MPH. Most of the Interstate travel I had the cruise set at 90. I burned 1 quart at the 4000 mile mark and when I returned (about 5700 miles) the oil was still clear enough to see through and the DIC said 47% remaining. Each car is different so there is no telling what the % should be after a given number of miles or what color the oil should be either. I use the DIC exclusively when deciding when to change the oil. I generally go down to the 25% remaining figure before I change it.

Charlie

·
Banned
222 Posts
FWIW I'm one of those wasteful morons who changes his oil religiously every 3K miles. (I'm stuck in the '60's according to some here) :ity:

The DIC on my '03 (which I drove like I stole it) was usually around 65% at 3K miles. I just looked at my '04 (which I pamper) and with 2600 miles since the last oil change, it's at 76%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts