Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Charge System Fault".
No codes, and it will only show when started for the FIRST time of the day................
Idea's?????
Just showed up last evening first time........whan I started it this afternoon......it flashed on again, and then off.......:-?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago twice. Hasn't done it since. Dealer checked it and couldn't find anything wrong. Tech said sometimes he has found a loose wire on the starter, but couldn't find anything wrong with mine. :-?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank

Mine started this last night..........I tried to crank er'........and usually it comes to life like NOW.............
Well, this time it din't start right away, and as usual, as soon as I turn the ig to start, I automatically let off....
Well, the second try....is when this showed........( when I turned the key to ON).
Haven't started it at all today......until an hour ago........and as soon as I start the car it shows, and then dissapears.......
Subsequent ( 3-4) tries to repeat failed to get it to come up again........dunno........:-?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Battery????

Hi there,
Please check your battery for any signs of discharge.
Look for any white powdery residue, near the terminals, or underneath.
I would say to have your dealer test the battery just to be sure.
Testing only takes about 5 mins.
Besttoyou, c4c5

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
c4c5

Battery?????
Car has a 1000 miles on it......
I know they can be/go bad on the newest of new.........but, what is the chance Frank and I have the same problem??
I assume they checked his battery when he took it in for this occurence...........Frank, did they??
BTW, thanks for the replies guy's..........
Outside of painting, and washing dishes....NOTHING about a car drives me batty faster than electrical glitches.........:mad:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
WEll, anything is possible, and I cannot be sure in your case, however, you could have 12 volts, but when your starter is engaged, you could pull it down to under 10, and trip the warning.
Just thoughts, c4c5

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
c4c5.........thanks

I will definitely look for the telltale signs.........
I have a sneaking suspicion, that my auto was on the "FLOOR", at the dealers for a while.......and the battery may well have never been recharged to full capacity.......after a ton of folks played with it...........
And, as we all know......an alternator will NOT recharge a low/dead battery.........and will in time go bad itself trying.:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
My battery was checked and I also had no codes. :-? I watched the tech, and he is very good at what he does. I do remember during early production of the '01s, there were some battery problems.

Only showed the fault error twice, been running fine every since. :-?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have had brand new Delco batteries show good only to find out when checked the correct way that it was shorted out. I believe I'd go for battery first also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had my Z06 for two days and the battery died!!
It had a internal short and would not take a charge. Haven't had a problem in 5000 miles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
c4c5,
i got the same message twice already. i noticed right away i was turning the car on with the a/c on. could that have been it?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Houston, We got a problem..............

Developing here.................ANYONE else had this come on?????
Please advise........:-?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
This has not happened to me - yet!

·
Registered
938 Posts
One time I got that message the the first month I had the car, there were no codes stored and it never happened again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts