Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the max boost level someone should run a P1SC at? I have A&A's kit and have a forged motor and want to run a little more boost. I think Andy is sending me a 12lb pulley. I just dont want to overspin the P1. I'd ask Andy but I know he's really busy and I'ved been buggin him alot lately since discussing my forged motor.

Jim

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm planning on running a 4.1" pulley on a stock 01' Z06 block with home-ported LQ4 heads. I think you'll be fine on a 12lb pulley with proper tuning and enough fuel mods. My kit's in the mail, I can't wait!!! :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
ATI's homepage shows the P-1SC has a max boost capability of 30 lbs. boost or 60K RPM impellor speed. I'd say 12-14 is a pretty safe bet without over-speeding the impellor. Their site is at xxxeditxxx (since then don't sell direct to the public)

Later ... Larry S.

(Sorry Larry but ATI is still a non-site vendor...although I'm working on changing that
MikesZ06)
:D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Agree with MislMan, the P1SC is capable of supporting higher boost. What the maximum safe amount for your set up is, is a good question. I'd bug Andi one more time for an answer. I'd like to know what the limiting factors are. Heat and therefore intercooler, or blower head effeciency, or what?

Zrod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts