Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent release of the ATI Procharger supercharger for what is a more reasonable price then previous offerings, I have to know the forums opinions. I personally like the advantages of a supercharger. For one, it is removable. Two, for about $40 a horsepower not bad. And three, I can install it and have a good time doing it.

What are the forums opinions. Also I would be really interested in the installation. Especially what all is involved besides the blower and injectors. Does it need a seperate fuel pump replaced which is in the tank. That was a real pain in my a** on my TransAM. Opinions please.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I don't know about new parts, but you if you need a new fuel pump, you need two. The C5 has two tanks, two pumps, etc.

Pain....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
You'll need much larger injectors, a booster fuel pump, heavy duty valve springs to prevent float and , finally a PCM recalibration.

Perhaps some of this stuff comes with the kit?

I'd call ATI and ask them for the details. Also, does it come with an intercooler?

I've heard recently(like yesterday) from one of our Forum vendors that the ATI kit will be available in 6 months.....remember Hurst? They still don't have a shifter you can buy....last I heard:roll:

When you finally get it running right, I'll bet you it'll cost a whole lot more than $40.00 per horsepower!!!!!!

HTH,

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What pound injectors do we have on our Z's anyway? (Don't know all of this stuff just yet...)

Anyway, on my Mustang Cobra, I didn't need larger than the stock 24lb injectors. What I DID need (which came with the kit) was a hi-flo pump to piggy-back the stock pump, an MSD unit, and an adjustable regulator (that didn't come with the kit).

You DON'T need too much more than that (unless someone's going to convince me that the LS6 is far "weaker" than the pushrod 5.0 motor). Like with anything, you just have to monitor things, and you can't overdo it.

Intercoolers help when you're looking to run more boost, but again, you don't need one.

How much is the ATI kit anyway?

-Kirk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts