Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2002 Torch Red Z06 on order at a dealer in Michigan (not allocated yet
though).

The agreement is for GMS price on this car.

With the 0% financing, I can justify having a brand new car sit in my garage thru the salty
Michigan winter.

Will anyone volunteer to sell me an '02 Z06 at GMS?

Please contact me via email
[email protected]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Z06's

GMS on the base Z06 car is 42000

Tony & Brian,
Thanks, I will try those leads!
:cheers:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Fish-man,

You might need to check with your dealer because my understanding is that as of Aug 27 Chevrolet changed the GMS plan. You cannot order a Corvette under the GMS plan, and if you take one out of stock, you only get the $350 allowance. It kind of sucks.

Go to my vendor page, I have a red Z06 w/ a build date of 10/8 that I will discount 3k off MSRP.

·
Registered
568 Posts
c5discounts is close - GM did restrict GMO on the Corvette in late August.

GMO is where you order your 'vette and get the best possible discount.

GMS is where you buy your car out of dealer stock. The discount is still great, but the price includes allowance for dealer marketing costs and inventory.

Still, your dealer can order your vette just the way you want it from his allocation and then sell it to you at GMS.

That's what I did. I called about 20 dealers before I found one who would sell me a 2002 Z06 at GMS. I never worked for the General, but my Dad and Grandfather did a combined 55 years.

I have already forwarded my dealer info to Fish-man. If anyone else looking for GMS needs a dealer with Z06 allocation, drop me a note. I think it helps to go to a Northern dealer (mine is in Michigan) where they have more trouble selling Corvettes during Winter. I wanted to drive my car home, but given a November-December delivery and the ferocity of last Winter, it did not seem wise. So I am taking a courtesy delivery near Portland.

Of the dealers I contacted, some were courteous and very professional (Hi Rick!) while over 25% were just aholes. Comments from dealers like Les Stanford - "Hah, we don't even sell 2002's at sticker". Fools - because if I couldn't find my GMS deal, I would have been looking for a regular purchase. And besides, don't they know I'm going to refer non-GMS buyers to a dealer?

My dealer just received his September Z06 allocation and my *real* order (as opposed to my 'pre-order') went in on Thursday. So I am hoping for exciting order status codes next week :D

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Thanks

BrianK

Brian, Thanks alot for the update, thats the Stuff we Love "Members Helping Members" . Viva Z06.................................:cool:

·
Registered
878 Posts
BrianK said:
.... Comments from dealers like Les Stanford - "Hah, we don't even sell 2002's at sticker". Fools - because if I couldn't find my GMS deal, I would have been looking for a regular purchase. And besides, don't they know I'm going to refer non-GMS buyers to a dealer?
Very interesting.. thanks... I actually placed my order with Kevin @ Les Stanford.. and got a decent deal compared to west coast prices. I had a M/Y on order since June from a small San Diego dealer with a great price, but no allocation. Was willing to pay a bit more to get the car quicker. Kevin followed up on a lead from the internet, was very professional, had an inbound M/Y and I grabbed it after 11 weeks of nothing from my dealer. He handled the transaction nicely and now I have a #3000 seq. in less than a week.

·
Registered
57 Posts
FWIW,I spoke to Kevin last week at Les Stanford and told him I was looking for an '02 Z06 shipped to CA and he flatly stated they were selling Z06's at MSRP. I told him I could buy all day at $1-2,000 off MSRP from other dealers in the country and bid him a fast and not so friendly farewell.

I have an EB Z06 being shipped to me from a private party that will hopefully reach me in a week.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey LA,

Were you trying to get EB? I had a deal here in SD for $1K off MSRP for M/Y, but they couldn't get the car. Kept getting we'll find out in another week. I waited 11 weeks, finally had to find another dealer. Rick at Maxie offered me the next allocated one at $918 off MSRP, but couldn't guarantee by end of Oct. Rick seemed to have the next best deal. I'm sure you could find a great deal at a dealer now so you can take advantage of the 0% financing. The private party deal would have to be pretty sweet to pass on GM's free money.

When 0% was anounced I tried to find one by end of Oct. and Kevin was the only one with an allocated Yellow one that would make it that wasn't presold (probably 'cause of price). Bob Stall Chevy in San Diego still wants $3K over MSRP and has 3 2002's on the lot. Black, QS, & Yellow. I spoke to a SM and told him he was smoking something. He said the owners sell all Z's at $3K over and they aren't lowering it. I told him they'd be selling them at invoice next Sept. when they have all of them left with the way this economy is going.

When I talked to Kevin, I tried to get the same $1K off deal, but he wouldn't go for it, so I agreed to split the difference between the $1K and MSRP to get the car in time for the 0%.

Since I was originally going to put down $30K and finance the rest over 24 - 36 months anyway, I could justify paying the extra $750 ($500 + $250 SD dealer delivery) even though I'd rather not :D .

The original deal I had for $1K off MSRP was before the $200 increase and by the time my original dealer got the car GM will most likely have two more increases anyway.

Even though I have to pay a little more plus the courtesy delivery charge, the financing deal stills ends up saving more than $4500 (including what you can earn in a 3 Yr CD).

Now I just want the Z, this wait is killing me. I test drove an '01 back in April, so I've been thinking about this for too long already.

Besides that, my son will be born in Feb. '02 and I'd like to enjoy the Z for at least a few months child free... :D

And thanks to JC's daughter, the formum and Jim at Halltech, I won a $500 sidewinder mod which's makes it even harder to wait any longer. :lol:

Moral of the long story... Don't really know.. :lol:

Let me know when you get your ride, I'm up in Orange county often, maybe we could hook up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi thx2.net-
I'd love to hook up. My deal was sweet as it was SWD (special wierd deal) where the seller only had 20 miles and had to sell!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed until it arrives in LA in good condition and timely and will let you know. Bottom line, I would never even try to buy from LA/Orange county dealers who are full of hype. Out of state or private party is the way to go. Plenty of sellers on Auto Trader and Internet to chose from.
TheVetteNet, John was my broker and he was very helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts