Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had some problems with my car while I was on "KY 222". I was down to reduced power and two of the 4 cylinders I had left were misfiring. I stopped to check under the hood and saw nothing obviously wrong. I checked my GPS when it happened and I had 78 miles to get back to Bowling Green. It was a pretty uneasy feeling, at the least, to be disabled so far away from home or a Chevy dealership.

The point is this>

Two other vettes stopped and followed me to I-65, and later Ed (in another/his Z)followed me all the way to Campbell Chevrolet in Bowling Green.

Turned out to be a fuse that disabled my left bank and blew about 35 codes into the system. All the hard driving loosened a ground behind the intake manifold and that did it. FYI

I know I and we all would have done the same and many people didn't even realize I had a problem with the car. I just want to say a special "Thank You" to those that stayed behind with me. It meant a lot to me.

:z: Thank you!! :z:

Frank

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't know if you remember but I was the Red Z that went around the three of you on the way back. I got off track originally so I was a little behind and by myself. I noticed all three of you going slow and figured something might be wrong with one of the cars but didn't know which car it might have been (guess it turned out to be yours! :eek2: ). I knew it wasn't all three so I figured the other two were making sure you made it back ok. Glad to hear it wasn't anything too major and hopefully your Z is all back to normal now. Good to see other Z brothers helping out!

Mike

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember many people stopped to ask if I was okay. Everyone was great.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
We have said it a million times, its the people that make this place in cyberspace so special, way to go guys...

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Your welcome. :z: I know what it is like to be stranded...now do a good deed for someone else.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Pay it forward...

A truly great concept...

mark

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
panzer said:
Your welcome. :z: I know what it is like to be stranded...now do a good deed for someone else.
yeh Ed thank you for helping me at MM with the front fascia on the vette! That was very kind of you to get your tool box out:thumb: it was VERY close to falling off.

I got it lifted today, looks like the entire fascia was coming off so got it permanently fixed ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts