Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I getting the same 'gold' in dash CD system as in my 2000?
I see lots of complaints about the audio in the Z06 . Is it a lesser system for weight savings

------------------
2000 VIN: 500101/cpe/blk/JL4/A4/Z51/G92/N73/

G

·
0 Posts
I havent noticed any difference in the system. However you need to know that less insulation means more internal noise, and some of us might equate that with a downgrading of the sound system. I purchased covers for the storage areas and a rear deck carpet to lower the inside noise. I am seriously thinking about some spray on sound insulation underneath the car in the area of the wheel wells. But like anything esle only time will tell if we go there.

------------------
Hope to Z you soon
Ron

MYellow Z06, K40 stealth w/laser difusser front and rear, 3m clear bra, CF shift knob, storage covers, and rear deck carpet(to lower the volume inside)

·
Registered
496 Posts
What stereo? I can't hear anything over the PRT's.

Seriously, it's exactly the same system.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

·
Registered
457 Posts
Stereo...........ah ha must be the DUAL exhaust

The system in the Zee sounds better than the bose system in my 98 coupe

------------------

·
Registered
87 Posts
NO PROBLEMS WITH THE SOUND...GOING FROM A 97 COUPE TO THE ZO6

------------------

DOUGLAS PERRY

2001 BLACK/BLACK Z06
CHROME OEM Z06 WHEELS
Z06 TRIC MAG PKG ORDERED

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't have any problems with the sound either, but I do think that the Monsoon system in my 98 Camaro SS was a little better.
I'm going to pull the stock system and put in an Alpine...

-Speed

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Z06
Lowered,178 thermostat w/ fan controller, Ripper, !CAGS, B+B PRT w/ Speedway tips, TRIC one-piece with CF Cobra, GMS MAF, and TPIS long tubes
AOL IM: Speedshift

·
Registered
56 Posts
It doesent sound as good as the system in my 2000 coup.Maybe the interior volume diference between the two but it is a noticeable diferance in my car. Still aceptable though.(just) Ric

------------------
2001ZO6 Black Mod Red Best ET 12.003 114.45

·
Registered
30 Posts
The system itself is the same. I do notice a significant improvement in the actual sound quality in the Z06 vs the 2000 roadster. It's more difficult to achieve a good quality in a vert.

------------------
2001 Quicksilver Z06 Valentine 1 Hardwire w/ remote; Stramosphere ZO6 logo mats.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Power Shifter
My TPW just got bumped from 1-29 to 3-5
But, this means I can go from all black to modified red. Any chance I can take a gander at yours? I have a bud on Tripp Street. Rensport..Rene Max Prepitit. He's also my Porsche wrench.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts