Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you guys might be interested in a video I put together of some racetrack events I have done in Australia.

The 3rd segment "Corvette Leadfoot Competition" is a yearly event where most of the Corvette Clubs along the east coast of Australia get together to see which club has the fastest average time around a track (average of five fastest drivers from each club). The track varies year by year and there are lots of class and incidental awards along the way. We have a lot of fun!

45MB (medium quality, high speed download): http://www.fastdrive.org/download.php?view.472

10MB (low quality, 15 min download): http://zedohsix.dnsalias.net/DriveItLikeYouStoleIt.lo.wmv

120MB (best quality, 2+hr download): http://zedohsix.dnsalias.net/DriveItLikeYouStoleIt.hi.wmv

(right click on the link above and select "save target as" to save the file to your hard drive)

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
A right hand drive Z06?

Nice video... jusy one thing though... doing the entire twisty section in 3rd made me want to reach into the video and down shift to give better drive out of some of those turns... hehehe - especially where the revs dropped to what sounded like 1500rpm.. :D

Unless of course the car is making 550rwhp and 3rd is lowest you dare go... :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
RC45:

Thanks for the compliment.

550HP+: I wish! I know what you mean though. When I look at the video I think exactly the same (and will try it next time on that track). The reason I set up the camera inside is exactly to see those things for myself in the calm of hindsight.

Liquid Snake:

The fastdrive.org site and login is free and has no snake oil involved. I am not affiliated, it is just that they have free high speed hosting for auto videos. Register or not as you wish.

The two zedohsix.dnsalias.net links are to my home PC which has limited upload bandwidth (and you may find slow or even congested).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right hand drive?

Yep they have to be RHD in Australia. GM don't make them that way so it's a serious custom modification done by any one of several converters here in Australia. Takes about 4 months and costs about USD$20k.

You guys get your vettes a whole lot cheaper than do we here in Oz.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very nice vid, and you must certainly love your vette to do that kind of conversion!!! :eek2: 20K, you can get a blown 427 for that kind of money and more :guiness:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe it or not, apart from the the conversion there is a lot of interest in Australia in keeping the rest of the car as built. There are a lot of big block C3s here, but only a few turbo/SC C4/5s.

Mind you, I have been thinking how much more fun I could have with a C5R block...

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
links don't work for me

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Ok...one is working now...downloading...taking forever. :guiness:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Long time to download, but worth the wait. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"For 20k, would it be worth spending that on other mods, or do they force you to make it RHD?"

To legally drive a car in Australia it has to be RHD drive. The only exceptions are vintage and historic cars: ie: over 30 years old. So if I had a C2 I could drive it LHD. C3,4,5,6s all have to be RHD.

"ITL GO: Long time to download, but worth the wait."

Thank you sir! I had fun.

It seems a lot of people are happy to wait a couple of hours for the download rather than register on fastdrive.org. The vid has over 700 downloads on the high speed fastdrive site, but over 1500 on my very slow private system!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts