Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Jim it was a VERY long day today, they had over 300 people register to autocross. :eek:
I arrived at 8:00 and didn't get to run until 4:00. :mad:

It was a well run event but standing in the sun for eight hours before you race takes some of the fun out of it.
I seem to have a hell of a time trying to figure out where I am supposed to go, I think I will have a nightmare tonight with orange cones everywhere. :pp: I only got three runs and one of them I went around a cone the wrong way. :screwy:

I prefer road racing over autocross as they don't have as many cones and I can't get lost out on the course. :thumb:

I still plan on attending NHIS on the 27th of this month and the Devens autocross on the 1st on next month. I would hope we won't have such a problem then as they should have a much smaller turnout.

On the good side it was great weather today, hopefully we will have the same for NHIS and the next autocross.

I have a 4 meg video of my run today. I will send it to you if you email can accept a file that big.

John

·
Registered
247 Posts
Damn...that sounds like a loooooong day. :screwy: I agree, roadracing is MUCH more enjoyable. The Devens event is the only auto-x that I enjoy, because the course is long, and fast in some sections.

That file is too big for my email.... :eek: I see ya next week at NHIS, hopefully the weather cooperates. :drunken:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi John,

300 cars? That's nuts! I knew there was a reason we only run a max of 40 cars per event. We've got six events this year, if you would like to run with a large number or Cobras send me an email, we have room for a few non Fords from time to time : ) Our first event on the 23rd is sold out but we have another one in May.

BTW - I agree autoxing isn't as fun as open track but at least with Devens we can build a 1.5m autox course (2.25 minutes long). Most clubs are running parking lots.

See ya,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts