Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. How many do NOT plan on driving their Z on an auto-x course this summer?

BTW, yes, I can't wait!

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
I wouldn't think of doing an autocross.
Having a hard enough time driving the beast to the store!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am waiting for first NCCC auto-cross in this area
My Extreme Geez is dialed in...
...ready to record LAP times

------------------

[This message has been edited by trumperZ06 (edited 02-10-2001).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I will run some solo 2's with the local Competion corvette club as they tend to run events that are a lot of fun and you get lots of runs compared to going to CASC events and besides the Corvette group is not as anal as the other groups.DJ

------------------
torch red/black Z06

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought my Z06 for the exclusive purpose of Auto-X. It also sound good when you go to sell it and you can say it was driven just for a little while on Sundays and some Saturdays ( Just Kidding ). Surprising enouph, I sold my 96 LT4 at a car show in a Auto-X prepared class. The guy wanted it for Drag racing exlusively.

If all goes well, I will also be at the SCCA Nationals. I will be there Saturday for the practice runs. It would be great to get together and say some hellos.

------------------
Jose Gonzalez
Primo Racing one bad black Corvette

·
Registered
35 Posts
Solo ii is the name of my game this year. I plan on a trip to Nationals, this time with a car that is competive in class.

------------------
John Von Loh

Black on Black and Red Z06

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Have to agree! When you look up this car in the dictionary you see an autocross track full of cones!! With its super low end torque and a lowered first gear, it should be awesome. MY first event is JULY 1st..need to get me over 100 miles which I see no problem on. Will throw my 315 Kuhmos on the back; 275's up front, and have at it!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Why the heck would you buy a ZO6 and never autox or time trial it??? Geeez, get a Lexus!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Screw the cones be real men and take it out on a race track and let the girl stretch her legs!!!
I have already run VIR and will be at Summit point this weekend abusing the car and getting every last bit of my near $50k out of it!!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Low end torque? Where?!

Seriously, the Z06 has NOTHING for low end, it doesn't even come alive until 3000rpm. That is one of the things that really disappointed me about my car (don't get me wrong I love it), the total lack of low end grunt (we're talking <1500rpm). That and the lack of instant throttle response.

I'd really like the LPE 427 setup, anyone wanna lend me $30k to make it happen?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Autocrossing....yes
Willow Springs/Laguna/etc......yes
Silver State Classic......yes

This car is made to put on a track and I intend to not let it down.

Now, could someone please tell me where I can get a cage, harnesses and extinguisher put in in the LA area.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
No mine is a daily driver for the street, I wouldn't mind building one for the track though. It seems the General is starting to take a stand on warranty claims if they have proof of your taking your car to the track. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
262 Posts
You know what they say. "If autocrossing was any easier, they would call it roadracing".

Just a litte humor. We have a new track coming up in the New Orleans area and I have no roadracing experiene. I am concerened that I will get out there and trash the car.

I am not sure if I will run the car but it does seem like fun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
In Omaha, we have no road courses, so autocrossing is the way to go..

Haven't taken the Z on the courses yet, tho. Had it out at the last event hoping to take it on a fun run, but alas, no fun runs that day..

My problem is I've been autocrossing (and trophied last event! whoo hoo) the S4, and moving from a mildly-powered AWD car to a super powered RWD car, I didn't want to make a fool out of myself during a points event.

Thing is - I sorta kicked myself cuz I could have taken the Z around the course at 15 mph and gotten 1st place in super stock.. Nobody else driving in that class.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif BUT, Street Tire was heavily competitive (27 drivers, I think) - and the S4 got 3rd!

The Z goes out next time, and I will definitely post videos.. Definitely.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey guys,
If autocrossing is wha you are going to do with $50K car. yu have justed wasted $50K, especially if GM finds out about it.
Get go-karts if that's the type of racing you are going to do.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have brand new, mounted Hoosiers in the garage, just waiting for the delivery of my 02 ZO6. I figure the 800 mile trip from BG should just about make it perfect to AutoX on the following Sunday. I'm still mad that the SCCA won't allow me to compete at the Solo II Nationals in Topeka in a 2002 ZO6.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts