Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the local autocross practice session last weekend. Had a blast and thought I would share some pictures.

I wasn't driving near as well as I could, but I had fun. And that's why it was a practice day!!!

On to the photos! The rest are here - www.superdork.net

There's a good sequence of these spin pictures in the full album. Check the cone in this first picture. Combined with the dust/tire smoke it left a nice clean cone imprint on the back of the car. In the second, you can see that I've got not one, but two cones under the car! I should be headed directly towards the camera in this portion getting ready to make a right through the cones. I kicked the rear out a bit far when I came in too hot - then tried to just smoke the tires all the way through a 360 but didn't get the right combo of throttle/wheel/gear to snap all the way around. Still tons of fun! Good stress relief.

chris

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
cool pics, thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Looks like it was a good time. Was it held on an old runway? Noticed the windsock in the background...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice pics! Spinning out is fun! Well unless it's the last run of the day. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
this shoulda been your 1K post :rofl:
Kinda like bowling on 4 wheels ...
Good job "picking up that spare" :jammin:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Great pics! Thanks for sharing! :coo:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
HEY>.. i am the cone eater here ....

LOL

looks like a great time !!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Cool pics!

:jammin:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

The A&M sports car club runs practice sessions in the summer. Essentially run till the tires are toast. I had a buddy come up to visit and we headed out there for a bit. Only stayed for a couple of hours but had a blast.

And actually, that spin was my last run. We had to be somewhere else. I had a much better spin, but it was in a different area where you couldn't get a shot with the camera.

chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
I knew I recognized that track. That's out at the Riverside campus off 47. We did all of our Formula SAE testing and practice out there on the old runways. Great place. Nice pics too.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Looks like a Great time :jammin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts