Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you have autocrossed your Z06 on street tires, what pressure have you used? My first event (Evolution AutoX School) is this Saturday!

------------------
GenerationX
'01 Black Z06
Atlanta Region SCCA
See my Corvette pics here -->
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1332552&Auth=false

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ran 28 PSI all the way around last weekend at the Porsche/Viper Shootout & did quite well. But this was my first time to AutoX. It worked very well for me, but I don't know what PSI's would yield.

------------------
2001 Z06 BLACK/BLACK

MAY THE TORQUE BE WITH YOU!

HENNESSEY MOTORSPORTS
Z500 #1

500 HP & 471 TQ

425.3 RWHP & 400.3 RWTQ (SAE 0.93 CF)

BEST TIMES

11.59 @ 120.60 MPH w/1.81 60' (E/T Streets)

11.90 @ 123.76 MPH w/2.14 60' (Street Tires)

[This message has been edited by DARTH VETTER (edited 02-28-2001).]

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by GenerationX:
If any of you have autocrossed your Z06 on street tires, what pressure have you used? My first event (Evolution AutoX School) is this Saturday!

*** I run 27.5 cold in the rears and 32 in front on cool surfaces, when its warmer maybe a pound more,35F and 33R on road coarse.Be sure to add a exrta quart of oil,if line is long waiting to run,pop hood and turn on AC so both fans run to cool down engine.AND DONOT WORRY ABOUT THE BRAKE SMELL.

------------------

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I'll try different pressures throughout the day, since I'll be going from about 9 to 3. Gordy, I'll tell you all about the school when it's over.

------------------
GenerationX
'01 Black Z06
Atlanta Region SCCA
See my Corvette pics here -->
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1332552&Auth=false

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ran best with 34 fronts and 32 rears when the weather was warmer (70+). When the weather was cold for the last autocross (35 up to 53) I ended up getting my best time at 32 front and 30 rears.

It was rumored the new Goodyears are derived from the Goodyear "S" tires with different tread design and slightly stiffer sidewalls. They used to work very well at 30-32 psi with a C-3/C-2 stock suspension.

I am signed up for the Evolution school in May in Chicago...would be very interested in your opinions of the drivers school.

------------------
01 Z06 Black
64 FI RED Convt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts