Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a led style Autometer a/f ratio guage on my A pillar in a pod. Where is the best place to hook the guage backlight lamps into the insturment panel circuit so you can adjust it with the rest of the instrument panel lights? Or is it better just to hook them into a circuit that comes on at a fixed level when you turn the headlights on? :-?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If I recall, there are two places you can pick up the signal from the dashlamp circuit. One is behind the radio and it's a pain to get to. The other is the lamp circuit for the Traction Control switch in the center console. It's need a long run of wire, but you don't have to remove any of the console to get to it. Tuck the wires up under the edge of the center console, from where it meets the Dash to where the switch is. The switch bezel pops right out from the console if you pull up on the rear edge with the console lid open. You hook in to the wire bundle that goes to the connector on the TC switch.

The only problem is, I don't remember which wire it is on the switch's connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts