Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had the first two events of the year up here this weekend.

I did fine on the first day, not so good on the second. Don't mind my result on the second day though, as I was driver+owner+coach for that one. Coaching your son who only has his learners distracts focus from your own driving, but sure is a lot of fun! Great way to spend the day with the toy.

He improved significantly through out the day and put the car exactly where he needed to from run to run. He even managed to get brave enough to go WOT in a couple places on his last run.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nice. My dad actually let me drive his '76 at BIR low speed event (cones on the straights) when I was about 18. I never forgot that. I also spun the car in the cones and almost hit a berm. You know as he did that it's just a car, and it is so nice to have someone to share the experience. It's 23 yrs later, I have a Z06 that I track, and my son has 13 yrs to his permit. Hopefully it will be down to about 7:1 compression by then!

Have fun. Nice pics.

·
21,292 Posts
Nice to see father and son spending time together sharing something you both enjoy. I imagine it must be a heck of a thrill for your son driving such a powerful car when he only has his learners!

·
Z06 Master
2,626 Posts
That's cool! Way better than driver's ed! I plan on doing the same thing with my kids.
I helped at a Tire Rack Street Survival School earlier this yr and all of the participants left there with much more awareness and confidence.
I wish I had that opportunity as a young driver. I had to learn about looking ahead and threshold braking the hard way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts