Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wondered what it would be like to Autocross your Corvette? Here is a video some a AutoX course on board a 405HP Z06. Not me but he was kind enough to let me put the sticky pod on his windshield for this run. Wind noise is kind of bad. I haven't found a filter that doesn't make everything sound funny. This run was on Hoosier racing slicks.

Z06 AutoX

Edit: If you only get sound you need to download divx codecs.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Excellent video! Thanks for sharing.

I've been to road courses, but never ran autox. I can't see how the drivers keep the course straight with just cones as markers. I think that would be my biggest hurdle is knowing where to turn.

Sal

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get there early enough you can walk the track so you will be a little more familiar with it. The directional cones laying down help point you in the right direction. That's a great video. Haven't tried mouting the stickypod anywhere other than the front or rear glass. If you only get sound on mine download this. DivX

You don't have to enter a email address.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
ZoSkillet said:
If you get there early enough you can walk the track so you will be a little more familiar with it. The directional cones laying down help point you in the right direction. That's a great video. Haven't tried mouting the stickypod anywhere other than the front or rear glass. If you only get sound on mine download this. DivX

You don't have to enter a email address.
Thanks, but I got it on me computer.
Ron

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Thanks for sharing :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
z06_23_45 said:
I wasn't able to get the second video to work either.
You have to upload the latest free version of Quicktime, 7.0 or something like that. If you're on a PC it's the free trial at the bottom of the Quicktime download site. FYI. Worth the update just see the hand work of Salerno!

·
Registered
124 Posts
TedDBere said:
You have to upload the latest free version of Quicktime, 7.0 or something like that. If you're on a PC it's the free trial at the bottom of the Quicktime download site. FYI. Worth the update just see the hand work of Salerno!
I have the latest version and it still won't work--something about needing a compressor that is not on the Quicktime web site. Anyway, if you can think of anything else to try, I'd love to see in-car of Salerno. He's amazing.

Cheers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
JiminVirginia said:
I have the latest version and it still won't work--something about needing a compressor that is not on the Quicktime web site. Anyway, if you can think of anything else to try, I'd love to see in-car of Salerno. He's amazing.

Cheers.
Go here, unclick the freebee stuff and download: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/preview/

Cool video...if you want to see Junior in the Orange Pumpkin let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts