Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to guess if my car will make it to delivered status by Oct 31st. W
What has been your experience from time between first TPW and actual car delivery. How many additional weeks added on for NCM delivery?

My dealer is getting close to losing my order...Deposit done July 13th; two weeks ago he says he has allocated order, but still has not got a tpw(says he doesn 't know how to look it up and the guy that does it is off for a week).

I am guessing if I dont have a tpw of 10/8, then there is no way to meet a delivery date of 10/31 to get the low interest rate.

:puke:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Reference for you...

I live in NC. The TPW for my 02 Z06 was 8/6. The car was built on Monday the 6th and delivered to my dealer on Thursday 8/9. I took delivery on the 10th.

My 2001 coupe had a TPW of Monday 9/25/00. It was built on Saturday 9/23/00. It was the last vette loaded on the truck but at the last minute was removed and replaced with a 01 Z06 bound for my dealer. The shipping docs had my coupe's VIN scratched out and the rogue Z's VIN penciled in. I ended up having to wait another week and took delivery on 10/6/00. Otherwise I would have taken delivery the same week as the TPW, too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bandit,

We are buying my wife's Z06 from Rox Covert in Bastrop. He says the average time from build date to his lot is 14-18 days. A co-workers 2002 Coupe got to Covert's in 15 days I think.

We anticipate it being built tomorrow so we are getting close.....

Roy

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I don' think an average will do you much good. There are plenty of guys from Texas who can give you precise data. Mine was in the dealer's showroom (Detroit area) 5 days after it rolled off the production line (produced Wednesday, delivered Monday).

Cars on longer hauls are partially shipped by rail which is going to add a fair amount of time. Also, some cars are pulled for a little extra testing at the factory which is good in the long run probably, but not if you want a quick delivery. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts