Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

This is my first post on the z06 forums. Im Nathan, 21, ordered my 2002 z06 2 weeks ago. When I went into the dealer they said they just met their sales quota to sell a z06 - and they had to await the build date before the order is placed. I placed my order, will end up paying around 2000 under MSRP.

My question is this: how long do i have to wait for this build date? Its killing me waiting not knowing even when my car is going to be built.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing, given the info you've provided. Dealers get Corvettes on an allocated basis .. ie. GM decides what they can have, and then the dealer can order it. If they just met their sales quota to get a Z it probably means they've only sold about 4-5 Corvettes, and it could be quite a while until they get an allocation for a Z.

Your dealer is the best source of info on this. Talk to them. They get an 'extended allocation horizon' report that gives them a clue as to how many Corvettes they'll get for the year, and roughly when they'll get them. Obviously, they want your business, and if it looks like it's gonna take 6 months to get your car, they might be a little reluctant to bring that up, unless pushed.

FWIW, there are a number of large dealerships that can put you in a car very quickly ... check with the supporting dealers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Jerry. My dealer says they 'do not really have any idea' when the build date arrives... so I am assuming the worst. I will try to find some other dealers with 02's coming in with the specs I want sooner.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome !

Please check with our supporting dealers for availability. They are all straight shooters, and will give you great discounts and service.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks for the support guys. I went to another dealer about 30mi away today and they are selling their showroom convertible tomorrow, so they can place my order for my black/black 02 z06 tomorrow if the sale goes through. I will find out tomorrow what happens :)

I cant wait for this damn car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts